Hi all!

Do you know if skype is planning a skype release for the bold 9900/30 soon?
    Any rumours? And do you think this will feature voice communication? Or push to talk?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-11 05:03 AM
    I dont have my blackberry yet - but did a quick google and this came up, will it do the trick ?

Skype for blackberry

or is it some verizon only thing?
    10-26-11 05:10 AM
    Skype isn't generally available on the Blackberry but is available to Verizon customers and customers of 3 UK. Other than that I'm afraid it's impossible to get hold off.
    10-26-11 05:29 AM
    Its only for verizon users, yes. And I think also for 9930 models.

10-26-11 05:32 AM
    I've never used Skype but assume it requires a front camera? Does my 9930 have one that I am unaware of or does Skype work in a different way?
    10-26-11 07:50 AM
    I've never used Skype but assume it requires a front camera? Does my 9930 have one that I am unaware of or does Skype work in a different way?
    when i had a storm on verizon a couple of years ago i was able to make skype calls (not video) to any skype user/computer.
    it was actually quite handy to call people internationally although it only works on verizons network.
    10-26-11 07:59 AM
    search the forums, there has to be a thread with a lot more info on this. no Skype plans for bb apart from verizon users.
    10-26-11 10:12 AM
    search the forums, there has to be a thread with a lot more info on this. no Skype plans for bb apart from verizon users.
    Same with 3UK. Two have a lock on it, nobody else can use it. Either pay for IM+ or use NimBuzz for the chat only feature.

10-26-11 11:00 AM
    Skype is not currently available on Blackberrys unless you are on Verizon. This deal was done by Skype BEFORE they got bought by Microsoft. It could just be that Microsoft will be more interested in moving the MSN mobile (or whatever) platform forward than with leaving Skype on one single carrier.

After all we are dealing with Microsoft here and not Apple so there is some chance that we will not see a totally restrictive deal.
    10-26-11 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD