Sup people. Alright, here's the situation. My phone contract is expiring on March 2012. I'm currently using a HTC Desire Z, and I want to upgrade to the Blackberry Bold 9900. I like the phone, keyboard, anything you name it. BUT! I'm sure most, if not all, knows that RIM is ditching BB7 soon for QNX.

My problem is, should I wait for the new QNX Blackberry phones, or go with the Bold 9900? I like blackberry for it's interface. Some may say that it cannot compete with it's rivals like Android or iOS. But, don't you think that Blackberry OS gives the phone a cleaner and professional look?

Comments please!
    12-27-11 08:51 AM
    RIM isn't ditching OS7 for BB10... they're just introducing a new platform on a new range of phones

and it certainly won't be any time soon
    12-27-11 08:56 AM
    I had planned to wait for QNX as well. My contract expired in November. After watching the roll-out of the Playbook, I decided to stick with the 9900 until the new phones have time to mature and the price to come down.
    12-27-11 09:26 AM
    My understanding of BB10 phones is that the initial release of devices will be touch screen only, and this is slated for a Q4 2012 release.
    If you like the physical keyboard, get the 99XX device and by the time a decent traditional berry with OS10 rolls out you'll be ready, or just shy, of an upgrade.
    Just my $0.02
    blackguy07 and gschep like this.
    12-27-11 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD