Hey everyone,

I am a newb when it comes to unlocking blackberry's so I just want to ask a few questions to clarify some things. So I have a bb 9930 and I unlocked it (How I know for certain: In personalization/sim card menu it says Network Inactive) and I want to use the device, wifi only, in order to access things like the web browser, and downloaded apps. (Like a tablet that can only access the internet via wifi) It was a Verizon device. Here are my questions:

1) Now that the phone is unlocked why do I still see the 3g service in the upper right corner? Does that mean that it actually is not unlocked? (When I go to the web browser and enter a site it says, "Data services are disabled. Go to Mobile Network to enable." I should not enable anything right?

2) Do I have to worry about Verizon saying anything to me if I use the phone (wifi only)?

Thank you guys so much in advance and if there is any information that is needed, ask and I will respond immediately!
    03-23-14 07:05 PM
    Not sure about the 9930, but Z10 says that the Network, Network subnet and Service Provider say Unlocked. Did you in fact pay for the phone to be unlocked? I don't think you need to have it unlocked to do what you want to do. Just remove the SIM, if there is one.

Now I have a couple of iPhone 4S' which I have removed the SIM completely and use as you are wanting to use, wifi only. The phone will still see the carrier if this portion is turned on. I have it turned off. It says "No Services" in the upper task bar. Next to it is the wifi icon.

I don't think Verizion will care, as it has no way of knowing if you are running a phone on a wifi network.

I probably didn't answer too many things.
    03-23-14 08:58 PM