Trying to make a shift from my Q10 to use instead my Bold 9900 more often than not. Each time I have made a switch in the past, I'd needed a new sim card. Tough because its another trip to the ATT store. Is it true you can insert a micro sim from the Q10 into a Bold's larger slot and it will work if it is lined up right (or I use an adapter)? Do I need to tell ATT I'm making the switch? Do I need to log into BB ID to update devices each time? I imagine the BB Device Manager will read the Bold and BB Link will read the Q10...and that's OK?

Really would like this option and don't want to pay for another line to run both. So this sounds like a good idea...but is it that simple? And as I want to be able to connect and access my webmail (gmail, live.com) services on on the device I'm using at the time, does the swap of sim device to device affect them?
    04-26-14 11:01 AM
    Yes, I do this between my Z30 and Droid Maxx. I bought a SIM Card adapter set for $6 on Amazon.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-26-14 11:06 AM
    Sounds like a plan. No problem switching with your webmails, your carrier (ATT by chance?), or your BB ID?
    04-26-14 11:46 AM
    I think most of this community will advise against against SIM adapters. Lots of broken trays, if you search a bit.

The smaller sim fits the 9900 if properly aligned, just like you said. I've done it.

Also, normal data will work on the Q10, but not on the 9900. BIS will work on both, however, there'd be no LTE.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-26-14 11:56 AM
    Becareful when pulling out the adapter because sometimes the mini card will come out and the adapter might hook on one of the card reader tab

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-28-14 10:20 PM
    OK...good counsel. Not using the adapter I picked up from Crackberry yet. May not need to as so far the alignment I have for the mini-sim seems to have a solid connection and once I place the battery in and cover on, it does not move. Only issue will be if it moves in the future and I lose my signal. But so far, looks good.
    04-29-14 07:30 AM
    If you swap from Q10 to 9900 you still have to call ATT so they can put you back on the BIS plan for the 9900 to work and vice versa when you go back to the Q10 as that uses a regular data plan.
    04-29-14 11:12 AM
    Im with T-Mobile so this may or may help

I just kept the BIS data plan on. Neither my Z or Q had a problem with it. I had the Curve 3G and the Storm 2 until i upgraded to the nexus and i had to remove BIS for it to go on interenet. I just bought a 9900 off ebay so i got to put BIS back on. But if i were you id just leave BIS on and swap your sims.

On the Adapter part put scotch tape to the size of the sim adapter over the top portion of it so that when you pull and push it into the slot the microsim doesnt move
    04-30-14 07:53 PM
    Thanks for the counsel. So far the sim is in place and not moving. Figure no touch until there's a problem, you know! My network connection with BIS continues no problem and I did not have to do anything with ATT. Like this arrangement...although the way the Bold is working for me, I might not go back. Don't really care about the web browser and admit the BB10 web experience is so much better. Its the camera...mu gosh, what were they thinking to put such a one into their top of the line at that point, you know?
    04-30-14 09:37 PM