Research In Motion - BlackBerry Bold 9900 Images - Rim has added some pics of the 9900 to their media gallery. I don't know at what stage they do this, but its a stage at least

They are very high-res pics for you all to feast your eyes on...

Still hoping for a june release!!
    36thDisciple and Deathcommand like this.
    05-15-11 04:21 PM
    my orignial storm 1 that i bought on release date just took a dump on me yesterday ... i need this phone
    05-15-11 04:33 PM
    Fingers crossed. You know what worries me? RIM's design future is in the hands of people who think that that 6.1 / 7 wallpaper is the best possible showcase for the platform. Maybe it will look great on the 9900 but on everything else I've seen it on is just looks washed out. It deliberately fades the prevailing Red, they've actually worked to make it look washed out! And this is the showcase?
    05-15-11 06:41 PM
    You are going to see posters on here saying anywhere from late June to mid-August..and they will say they are lab testers, field testers, RIM employees, carrier reps, and maybe even Mike L or Jim B co-ceo's of RIM...but unfortunatly NO ONE really as any solid info when the Bold 9900/9930 will be released...I myself hope that it'll be out on Sprint by June 28th...but again, Just my hope and opinion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-11 06:42 PM
    Yeap those lab testers, field tester fakes need a life lol
    leftypepper716 likes this.
    05-15-11 07:35 PM
    I have heard a June release also through a person i know at RIM that strickly tests phones.
    leftypepper716 likes this.
    05-15-11 08:57 PM
    Hopefully it will come in July/aug. Would have made my month lol
    05-16-11 12:51 PM
    Yeap those lab testers, field tester fakes need a life lol
    There's only one, and nobody has any reason to disbelieve him... except a handful of sad fools

I have heard a June release also through a person i know at RIM that strickly tests phones.
    strictly (sp)

RIM have already completed their onsite testing, it's the carriers that are now field testing... so I call BS
    05-16-11 12:59 PM
    your a pessimistic bugger Phill

youve not been wrong on anything ive read yet, but I'm hoping you are on your release date theory
    05-16-11 01:04 PM
    your a pessimistic bugger Phill

youve not been wrong on anything ive read yet, but I'm hoping you are on your release date theory
    Not so much pessimistic... more realistic

I've said all along that my thoughts on a release date are more likely to be late summer, rather than early summer.

I've never quoted a source or a fixed date, just my thoughts... and I too hope I'm wrong!
    05-16-11 01:11 PM
    The date in the picture on the phone shows Friday, May 20th....... Haven't we seen RIM hint at these things before with dates on the pics? Would be awesome if that panned out, but I'm also not expecting this phone till late June at the earliest. My hope is that all the carriers will release at once because lets face it, their are probably a lot of unused upgrades out there from people that won't switch from Blackberry.
    05-16-11 01:29 PM
    The date in the picture on the phone shows Friday, May 20th....... Haven't we seen RIM hint at these things before with dates on the pics? Would be awesome if that panned out, but I'm also not expecting this phone till late June at the earliest. My hope is that all the carriers will release at once because lets face it, their are probably a lot of unused upgrades out there from people that won't switch from Blackberry.
    the date on the Style, Torch, Curve, Pearl and Storm says the 20th/21st as well.. are they getting released on that date too?!
    05-16-11 01:40 PM
    There's only one, and nobody has any reason to disbelieve him... except a handful of sad fools

strictly (sp)

RIM have already completed their onsite testing, it's the carriers that are now field testing... so I call BS
    I don't doubt that the carriers are testing it. However, what would you say if i told you i tried it first hand last thursday? . Guess BS again
    05-16-11 01:49 PM
    However, what would you say if i tried it first hand last thursday? . Guess BS again
    I wouldn't doubt you for a minute, you're Canadian.

Don't all Canadians either work for RIM... or at least know someone who does?
    .m.e. likes this.
    05-16-11 01:53 PM
    the date on the Style, Torch, Curve, Pearl and Storm says the 20th/21st as well.. are they getting released on that date too?!
    Actually the Style and Curve 9300 shows Thursday May 20th which was last year which it obviously wasn't released then and they were late fall releases. 9300 shows Thursday May 20th last year. Pearl 3G shows Friday April 2, also last year. Tour shows Friday June 5 from 2009. Like I said RIM has sometimes. Torch shows Tuesday Aug 3, which was last summer, and was the day of the AT&T announcement, so sometimes the dates on the pictures mean something, but often times they don't.
    05-16-11 02:01 PM
    rim has been super slow in getting their new products onto the market.there was no point in pushing the torch 2 monaco new curve curve torch for later this year.its a blown opportunity for more profit. on top of all that the release for 9900/9930 could be august is beyond me.but i guess they still are working on the little bits and pieces so no bugs will be present.im in favor of that.
    05-16-11 09:10 PM
    August eh? MAN I sure hope it doesn't creak and rattle like the rest of the junky rim bodies.
    I'm a rim lover , hardcore, but I can't stand the inconsistency (physically).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-11 09:23 PM

FINALLY!! some one who gets it!!
    05-17-11 02:27 AM

FINALLY!! some one who gets it!!
    You guys crack me up. Funny thing is one of my friends I recently met from Canada, also said she knows people that work for RIM.

If the release is in August like PG stated, I really hope they fix most of the bugs on there too. There will always be bugs, but we don't want a repeat of Microsoft's Windows Vista OS when that first rolled out
    05-17-11 02:50 AM
    but i guess they still are working on the little bits and pieces so no bugs will be present.im in favor of that.
    Yeah that's what we thought with the Playbook not making the Q1 release and we know that wasn't the case. Also it seems like every phone released for the past few years has had a far from perfect at release. RIM just doesn't seem to be able to get theses new phones to market in a timely manor and i guarantee you that isn't to get them bug free or "perfect". INHO there needs to be a major shakeup somewhere inside the company and I think the Street will be demanding that soon.
    05-17-11 06:32 AM
    Phone looks great, but those icons look cartoonish and amateur.
    05-17-11 08:05 AM
    Research In Motion - BlackBerry Bold 9900 Images - Rim has added some pics of the 9900 to their media gallery. I don't know at what stage they do this, but its a stage at least

They are very high-res pics for you all to feast your eyes on...

Still hoping for a june release!!
    That is a 4MB picture.

Huge. I love it.
    05-17-11 08:10 AM
    i love the carbon fibre effect back! looks even nicer in high res
    05-17-11 08:45 AM
    Yeah that's what we thought with the Playbook not making the Q1 release and we know that wasn't the case. Also it seems like every phone released for the past few years has had a far from perfect at release. RIM just doesn't seem to be able to get theses new phones to market in a timely manor and i guarantee you that isn't to get them bug free or "perfect". INHO there needs to be a major shakeup somewhere inside the company and I think the Street will be demanding that soon.
    RIM is on Canadian time, or like dog years or something. Everything up there is slower and more relaxed like they are surfer dudes. How bout another Molson, eh? If past results are an indicator of future performance, we will see this phone just in time for Xmas 2011. I remember the Tour release talk and there were sooooo many false dates out there. Please be June!
    05-17-11 12:12 PM
    i love the carbon fibre effect back! looks even nicer in high res
    Give me a leather door!
    marcomendez likes this.
    05-17-11 12:12 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD