Not a hate or bashing thread...I've been with Blackberry since 2007 though I'm sure some of you out-do me. But I have the 9780 which is technically the 9700 with OS6.0...I miss my 9700 with OS5.0 because it ran smoother...but right now I'm tired of waiting! Blackberry does nothing to promote or create hype. Meanwhile Apple is constantly coming with new apps and OS's for the phones...now that Cloud thing that was announced yesterday or today.

The Blackberry conference was in Orlando yet there are only a handful of previews about this new phone...where are the other phones like the Torch 2 and the Storm 3?!?!?!? This is just making me want another phone (although I would never switch to an all-touch screen phone!)
    youngifame likes this.
    06-07-11 08:55 PM
    Torch 2 has had more leaked info and dates than the bold touch has...
    06-07-11 09:00 PM
    Torch 2 has had more leaked info and dates than the bold touch has...
    we have a thousand versions of the same video from bb world though@!!!!!!!yeahhh!!!!1

06-07-11 09:15 PM
    Agreed...Come on BlackBerry....LEAK More and Keep the Hype BUILDING!!!!!!!!
    [email protected] likes this.
    06-07-11 09:16 PM
    blackberry i hate you for doing this to me. that is all
    aiquoc23 likes this.
    06-07-11 09:19 PM
    blackberry i hate you for doing this to me. that is all
    I feel you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-11 10:19 PM
    RIM is keeping us on the edge of our seats lol, idk bout some of you guys but im tired of constantly hearing about a new apple app, os, or phone. Its kind of nice to have some excitement
    Jo5329 likes this.
    06-08-11 02:44 AM
    Not a hate or bashing thread...I've been with Blackberry since 2007 though I'm sure some of you out-do me. But I have the 9780 which is technically the 9700 with OS6.0...I miss my 9700 with OS5.0 because it ran smoother...but right now I'm tired of waiting! Blackberry does nothing to promote or create hype. Meanwhile Apple is constantly coming with new apps and OS's for the phones...now that Cloud thing that was announced yesterday or today.

The Blackberry conference was in Orlando yet there are only a handful of previews about this new phone...where are the other phones like the Torch 2 and the Storm 3?!?!?!? This is just making me want another phone (although I would never switch to an all-touch screen phone!)
    Just wait another month or two and I'm sure you'll have a 9900 in your posession. In the meantime I'm sure RIM is doing everything they can to get these bad boys polished to give the press a better perception of their products.

Imagine how I feel being on a slow 9550 with OS5. Some are even on 9530s, 8530s, or older.
    06-08-11 03:04 AM
    if it wasn't for the leaked pics and basic spec. you'd only have heard about it at bb world, that was only a month ago, so its not been that long since officially announced!

dont get me wrong I feel the exact same way, id still have my curve 8310, if it didn't lack WiFi and 3g :-P

06-08-11 05:02 AM

Since 2007? You are a newbie!

I have been with RIM from back in the 950 days and what is happening is quite normal. RIM says it will be summer and summer is till September.

It is YOU and other people here that are at fault and not RIM!

There are some so desperate for this 9900 I wonder how old they are. What is going on in the world and what is happening to our economy is way worst that a "perceived" late Blackberry
    06-08-11 05:42 AM
    Waah waah waah. Y'all sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. It gets here when it gets here. Deal with it.
    Jo5329 and homer1475 like this.
    06-08-11 05:59 AM
    Waah waah waah. Y'all sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. It gets here when it gets here. Deal with it.
    Get a life. I hate this mentality. It was the same for Duke Nukem Forever. "They owe you nothing, you are choosing to wait" BLAH BLAH BLAH

You know, RIM is making money off of it's consumers who pay monthly fees to their carriers. So they do owe us something. Do you know why? Because we put money in their pocket. People are waiting for new phones. People are complaining. Someone said that Blackberry employees read this site so it's clear that RIM is aware of the dissatisfaction that people have.(Lets not forget that that polls show that 39% of BB owners say they want to switch platforms. Or the dwindling market share in the US.)

Yes, they do owe us something. Yet, they give us nothing.

This isn't hating, trolling or anything else. This is the truth and most members here don't like to hear the truth. I love my phone but RIM can't seem to get the hint. They don't even get blatant statements of unhappiness. So excuse some people for being frustrated.

Let me go ahead and nip the "it's just a phone" argument in the bud right here: Cell phones are apart of peoples' daily lives. So to dismiss something as unimportant is ridiculous. They don't just play a small part in peoples' lives, they are a very important tool that people rely on. When people are holding on to phones that are older than sin and have had upgrades for months, they have the right to be pissed because they need an updated tool.
    06-08-11 01:22 PM
    Get a life. I hate this mentality. It was the same for Duke Nukem Forever. "They owe you nothing, you are choosing to wait" BLAH BLAH BLAH

You know, RIM is making money off of it's consumers who pay monthly fees to their carriers. So they do owe us something. Do you know why? Because we put money in their pocket. People are waiting for new phones. People are complaining. Someone said that Blackberry employees read this site so it's clear that RIM is aware of the dissatisfaction that people have.(Lets not forget that that polls show that 39% of BB owners say they want to switch platforms. Or the dwindling market share in the US.)

This isn't hating, trolling or anything else. This is the truth and most members here don't like to hear the truth. I love my phone but RIM can't seem to get the hint. They don't even get blatant statements of unhappiness. So excuse some people for being frustrated.

Let me go ahead and nip the "it's just a phone" argument in the bud right here: Cell phones are apart of peoples' daily lives. So to dismiss something as unimportant is ridiculous. They don't just play a small part in peoples' lives, they are a very important tool that people rely on. When people are holding on to phones that are older than sin and have had upgrades for months, they have the right to be pissed because they need an updated tool.
    Not sure what made me chuckle more, another thread about waiting for a new BB release or the Duke Nukem reference! Ahh, the thrill of finding an RPG while playing multi-player!
    06-08-11 02:06 PM
    Ya I been stuck with my 9530 and one of the worst phones i have had to deal with. I was going to get a Torch but with the announcement of the new hardware I would rather get one of those because I will be testing the NFC stuff for work. Kind of sucks they are taking so long to get this to market. They really need to start being more up front with release dates. That way if we are talking Sept release I may just bite the bullet and get something in the meantime as I don't want to go and replace my almost 3 yr old battery either.
    06-08-11 02:18 PM
    Since 2007? You are a newbie!

I have been with RIM from back in the 950 days and what is happening is quite normal. RIM says it will be summer and summer is till September.

It is YOU and other people here that are at fault and not RIM!

There are some so desperate for this 9900 I wonder how old they are. What is going on in the world and what is happening to our economy is way worst that a "perceived" late Blackberry
    Hey Gregg,

Might be a dumb questions but I figured I would ask, do people at RIM hear the bitches and complaints from places like this or other forums?
    06-08-11 03:07 PM

You paid for the phone you have, and you still have it. That does not entitle you to a new phone any faster. You're paying for BIS or BES, and you're not getting any less of that service than when you bought your current phone. So what's yer point.

You get a life. I'm not the one whining because I have to wait another month or two to replace a phone that's still working as well as - actually, better than - the day I bought it. If you don't want to wait, then go buy something else. If there's nothing else that floats your boat, then by definition I guess that kinda makes it worth the wait, doesn't it.

Last edited by 18to12fitty; 06-08-11 at 03:32 PM.
    06-08-11 03:29 PM
    You paid for the phone you have, and you still have it. That does not entitle you to a new phone any faster. You're paying for BIS or BES, and you're not getting any less of that service than when you bought your current phone. So what's yer point.

You get a life. I'm not the one whining because I have to wait another month or two to replace a phone that's still working as well as - actually, better than - the day I bought it. If you don't want to wait, then go buy something else. If there's nothing else that floats your boat, then by definition I guess that kinda makes it worth the wait, doesn't it.

Maybe, just MAYBE, if you read these threads...you'll see that alot of these people are actually experiencing troubles with their phones and really could use a new device.....and these are people who have not jumped ship but stayed loyal to the brand.

Yeah, they're entitled to complain. They are the ones keeping RIM afloat.
    06-08-11 03:57 PM
    for the love of god people. stop blaming RIM for not releasing a phone... the phone is out, its released to the carriers... CARRIERS have to approve the device then sell and release the phone... so the fault is NOT on RIM at this point, its on the carriers to decide when to release to the public
    06-08-11 04:14 PM
    Either way wither its rim or the carriers fault I'm going to either buy the 9930 or new iphone, it really just comes down to which ever comes out 1st

06-08-11 04:17 PM

They owe you nothing other than to fix problems with the phone you have. If you don't like waiting you're more than welcome to change to some other manufacturer that doesn't make you wait for what you have to have now.

Yeah you can be pissed or pissed on it still don't get you anywhere.

OK continue with your right to be pissed or you can just get what you want now somewhere else.

BTW I'm still using a tour that works better then when I got it, never replaced etc.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 06-08-11 at 04:55 PM. Reason: tour
    06-08-11 04:53 PM
    I'm not particularly happy myself. My 9780 suffered some water damage 2 months ago, and while it works fine, the SD card reader was fried (it's the only thing thats not working).

Anyway, the announcement of the 9900 made me decide to wait and deal with the lack of SD card. But... WOW... they should have never announced this device so early. It's frustrating.
    06-08-11 06:51 PM
    i have been waiting 3 years for a new phone.at&t give me the release dates for all the new phones coming to your network.enough is enough.
    06-08-11 09:57 PM
    After your contract is up you are free to do what you want...you can even....get a different brand of phone!

You say' you've been with RIM since 2007......okay....if you are dissatisfied...test out the waters. I stay with RIM because their phones do what phones should do and they tend to I dont know....work for me. And that works for you.

I don't think RIM has set an exact release date out yet, and until they do and that date passes, you are just over hyping yourself. Simmer down and read a book, get off the internets, go travel. Before you know it this Bold will already be out and they will be talking about the QNX blackberry.

As someone said before, this isn't anything new with RIM
    06-08-11 10:15 PM
    After your contract is up you are free to do what you want...you can even....get a different brand of phone!

You say' you've been with RIM since 2007......okay....if you are dissatisfied...test out the waters. I stay with RIM because their phones do what phones should do and they tend to I dont know....work for me. And that works for you.

I don't think RIM has set an exact release date out yet, and until they do and that date passes, you are just over hyping yourself. Simmer down and read a book, get off the internets, go travel. Before you know it this Bold will already be out and they will be talking about the QNX blackberry.

As someone said before, this isn't anything new with RIM

I don't like waiting either. I will be waiting longer than most people here because I would rather wait for the Att and Tmobile merger to go through before I make my move.
    06-09-11 12:05 AM

I'm not whining either. I just bought my phone. I am upset at the treatment of rim loyals. I also hate when people, like you, give people **** for being upset. They have a right to be and there isn't anything wrong with how they feel or what they're saying because what they are saying is true.

Whether it's the same old rim or not, they are having troubles right now so it would behoove them to listen to peoples' "whining and complaining."
    Last edited by RollingRock1988; 06-09-11 at 07:52 AM.
    06-09-11 07:46 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD