Hey guys
    Just got my bold yesterday - and I'm loving it so far.
    But I was wondering if anyone used shrink-a-os to take out some of the 'bloat' files.
    I tried taking out few and everytime I finish loading the new os, I get an error message like "uncaught exception ...(Something) java" or my homescreen won't show up.
    When I shrink the os, what files should I keep, and what files can I remove?
    Thanks for the help in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 06:23 AM
    I used BB Boss to shrink .353 just fine. Nice GUI interface takes the guesswork out. Haven't tried any manual removals yet.

09-06-11 06:33 AM
    Oh okay - ill try BB Boss tonight
    Thanks!

09-06-11 06:38 AM
    Hey guys
    Just got my bold yesterday - and I'm loving it so far.
    But I was wondering if anyone used shrink-a-os to take out some of the 'bloat' files.
    I tried taking out few and everytime I finish loading the new os, I get an error message like "uncaught exception ...(Something) java" or my homescreen won't show up.
    When I shrink the os, what files should I keep, and what files can I remove?
    Thanks for the help in advance

I have the same issue as you do but I know it must be certain files that we should not shrink but we shrink it. Now, I just need to know which one I should NOT shrink

- Charles
    09-20-11 10:58 AM
    Just to help you out also. This is the exact message I am getting

Uncaught Exception:
    ApplicationRegistry.waitFor
    (0x5364ff2940fa3920) timeout

When I press ok, then this thing turns up

java.lang.NullPointerException

On OS 5 and OS 6, there is this OTAUpdate that you can't remove but this option is no longer available on the latest Shrink-A-OS

- Charles
    09-20-11 11:19 AM
    I found the problem thru Trial and Error. DO NOT remove MAPS. You can do so after the software installation with Desktop Manager OR deleting the apps directly on your device.

- Charles
    Last edited by chaddeus; 09-22-11 at 11:14 AM.
    09-20-11 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD