I have the 9900, obviously, and it doesn't charge, just shows the black icon instead of the yellow bolt and tells me 'The charging source cannot charge your battery..' However when I do a battery reset and charge it again it works so it must be a software issue I guess.

I had .261 version when I got the phone and I think it was working well. Then I put the .540 on it and the problem started occurring. Now I'm on the .585/540 hybrid and also having the same problem.
    Any ideas?

*P.S. I checked the forums before writing and haven't found a solution so that's why I started the new thread.
    01-10-12 07:07 AM
    Not really an answer to your problem... but I am getting something similar:

My 9900 will charge just fine when plugged in, but it won't charge when on my OEM charging pod. When on the pod, it shows as if it's charging (also goes into bedside mode), but when I wake up the next morning the battery level hasn't gone up... I know for a fact that my charging pod is not faulty because I've tried another Bold 9900 on it and it works fine...

Might be a related issue? Software related?
    01-10-12 07:19 AM
    I'm quite sure mine is software related since it works fine after a reset, however I have no idea what's causing it and what I should do :/
    01-10-12 07:23 AM
    I have the same issue, definitely software related as it works fine on the stock OS. When I upgraded to any other OS, I have to reset every time I want to charge. Would love to see if anyone has an answer.
    01-10-12 07:58 AM
    Oh man, this is not good. I charge the phone everyday, not gonna keep resetting it every time! *facepalm*
    01-10-12 08:36 AM
    Out of interest, do you have blink installed? I have the same problem and have read reports of this issue being resolved after removing blink.

I like the functionality of blink too much to remove it but if this is a fix, I will consider another app to do the same thing..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    aardvarkgeo likes this.
    01-10-12 08:54 AM
    I have used 7.1 for a couple of weeks and it seems to have fixed this. I had the same issue with 7.0 but since I installed 7.1 it has not happened.
    01-10-12 09:02 AM
    Yeaah! I also just found out this Blink thing. I agree it's too good to be removed so I searched and remembered this app they talked about here on Crackberry before, called Advance OS and LED.
    It's free and apparently has all the functions. I'm gonna install it and remove blink and see how it goes. Excited!
    01-10-12 09:05 AM
    +1 on "Advance OS and LED"... 100 times better than blink, free, and my 9810 charges no problem now too.
    01-10-12 09:54 AM
    I do have blink! thanks for the tip - will try it out and see how it goes.
    01-10-12 05:15 PM
    I actually still think Blink was better in some things like the user interface and it had the 'Disco' color whereas the other one doesn't and you only can have up to 4 colors which isn't as great.
    However f it's gonna make me able to charge the phone then I'm cool with it.
    01-11-12 06:32 AM
    Confirmed. It was Blink. Bit of a shame as I have been a loyal user for many years and it was one of the very first apps I purchased! Hope they update it to fix this issue.
    01-11-12 03:00 PM
    01-11-12 03:07 PM
    After removing Blink and using "Advance OS and LED" for about a week now, I started having the problem again.. I'm not sure if it's the app that's causing it or not but I haven't installed anything new.
    01-18-12 10:38 AM
    Uninstalled Blink, using Advance OS and LED. Still going strong. No issue on the charging.
    01-18-12 10:50 AM
    Like I said I've been using it for a week now but suddenly yesterday and two days ago it happened. No idea what's going on.
    01-18-12 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD