Im not sure on whether to wait on the next generation blackberry or just upgrade to the blackberry 9930 on Verizon. If anyone has any suggestions or opinions please sound off. Is the 9930 as spectacular as the reviews or just overexposed?

I can't find a good opinion any where else because of how diverse the community is here on crackberry. So please sound off!
    12-30-11 12:31 PM
    It might take a year or at least more 9 months for new bold.
    and who know whether it will of 99xx form factor or 97xx one.
    There are good/bad about every device..
    whether iOS based, winMo based or Android...
    99xx is best BB so far...
    If you think BB's are your choice, go for it.
    Coraya, UrbanGlowCam and tomgnc like this.
    12-30-11 12:35 PM
    I just retuned my i4s for the 9900 and coldnt be happier! the phone is smooth and the keyboard is so much better than typing on glass. I highly recommend getting it now.
    wolfee48 and Coraya like this.
    12-30-11 12:40 PM
    I say get one... couldn't be any happier with my 9930.
    Coraya likes this.
    12-30-11 12:53 PM
    Who knows when it will come out...
    First BB10 will most likely not be the Bold form factor.
    Go for the 9790 or 9900 depending on your preference.
    12-30-11 12:55 PM
    I bought a Bold 9930 and loved it. Then I bought a 9850 and tried it for 2 weeks. I also used a couple of iPhones for a few minutes helping the users.

Now I'm back to the 9930 and could not be happier! It is a productivity machine!
    12-30-11 01:02 PM
    They are saying 3rd quarter 2012 for new devices,I wouldn't hold my breath.If you want a new device and especially if you like the Bold,I would get it now.There may not be a Bold next year.It looks as though RIM is leaning tward all touch devices after this.I hope not though.
    tomgnc likes this.
    12-30-11 01:32 PM
    Couldn't be happier with my 9900, itworth having it and using until BB10 comes out or longer. 7.1 should make it get better and better also.
    12-30-11 01:43 PM
    I made the switch from an HTC Thunderbolt a few weeks ago - and I am quite enjoying the Bold 9930 I now have. I am done with Android OS. I had an original Moto Droid before the Tbolt.
    Two years of Android is all I can take. I don't really care what the rest of the world is doing or what is "cool". I want to be comfortable with my device.
    This Bold does what I need - phone, ton of emails, texts, looking up stuff on the net real quick when out and about, and a couple photos now and then once in a while.
    I do not watch videos or play games on a mobile device - I just don't.
    I hate Facebook and don't Tweet either.
    Of the 100,000 apps available i don't really need any. Ok, maybe Pandora and a couple others. The other 99,997 apps I can really do without.
    I got tired of having a device that weighed so much since i had to have the extended battery for it to get through a day.
    So.... I jumped ship.
    It took some getting used to I will grant you that. But I really like it - no joke. I am liking it more each day quite honestly.
    The keyboard is flat out awesome. I am learning keyboard shortcuts and stuff now too.
    The radios inside seem to be getting a slightly better signal than my previous devices. I have no idea why. (Only 3G on VZW - maybe has something to do with it).
    The size of this device is also something i really like - its just right.
    I charge the battery from about midnight until 5:30 AM and make it through each day.

The only item I miss is Android's built-in GPS navigation - I have not yet found an adequate free alternative for the Bold 9930.

I hope this helps you out Coraya. Everybody is different.... we all have different requirements.
    wolfee48, Coraya and tomgnc like this.
    12-30-11 02:40 PM
    I don't really care what the rest of the world is doing or what is "cool". I want to be comfortable with my device.
    You just hit the nail on the head... I agree 100+%.
    12-30-11 02:49 PM
    Try the new version of BB traffic. it has turn by turn directions.
    12-30-11 02:50 PM
    I wouldnt wait. If you like BB then youll love the Bold. So far the rumored devices coming later in the year do not resemble a Bold replacement that I would buy.
    Coraya likes this.
    12-30-11 02:53 PM
    I made the switch from an HTC Thunderbolt a few weeks ago - and I am quite enjoying the Bold 9930 I now have. I am done with Android OS. I had an original Moto Droid before the Tbolt.
    Two years of Android is all I can take. I don't really care what the rest of the world is doing or what is "cool". I want to be comfortable with my device.
    This Bold does what I need - phone, ton of emails, texts, looking up stuff on the net real quick when out and about, and a couple photos now and then once in a while.
    I do not watch videos or play games on a mobile device - I just don't.
    I hate Facebook and don't Tweet either.
    Of the 100,000 apps available i don't really need any. Ok, maybe Pandora and a couple others. The other 99,997 apps I can really do without.
    I got tired of having a device that weighed so much since i had to have the extended battery for it to get through a day.
    So.... I jumped ship.
    It took some getting used to I will grant you that. But I really like it - no joke. I am liking it more each day quite honestly.
    The keyboard is flat out awesome. I am learning keyboard shortcuts and stuff now too.
    The radios inside seem to be getting a slightly better signal than my previous devices. I have no idea why. (Only 3G on VZW - maybe has something to do with it).
    The size of this device is also something i really like - its just right.
    I charge the battery from about midnight until 5:30 AM and make it through each day.

The only item I miss is Android's built-in GPS navigation - I have not yet found an adequate free alternative for the Bold 9930.

I hope this helps you out Coraya. Everybody is different.... we all have different requirements.
    As a poster said above try blackberry traffic in beta zone, I've heard some good things about it
    12-30-11 03:07 PM
    I have had the 9930 Bold and really like it and the keyboard is smooth the screen is crisp and the apps run good.
    Battery drains to quick but oh well.

Be Bold and buy the Bold!
    Thor Johannsen likes this.
    12-30-11 03:23 PM
    thank you all for your comments and suggestions. you helped me make my decision...
    blackberry here I come! i'll never leave you again!! thanks baldy 8000!
    12-30-11 03:29 PM
    I love my 9930..best Berry I've ever owned and I've owned them all since they were just an email only device. I'll venture a guess, at least on Verizon, the next Bold incarnation won't be out until the Holidays '12 and it better have LTE. By that time Verizon should have it nationwide so there's zero reason why RIM shouldn't have an LTE device by then.
    12-30-11 03:30 PM
    I wouldnt wait. If you like BB then youll love the Bold. So far the rumored devices coming later in the year do not resemble a Bold replacement that I would buy.
    Well put, I agree. The Bold format simply cannot be rivaled and waiting may just prove you wrong. Jump in and enjoy the amazing platform of the BlackBerry Bold!!!!!!
    tomgnc likes this.
    12-30-11 05:17 PM
    dude... 99xx for SURE! its a solid device, runs smoothly, and looks dope! sure it has some flaws (camera could use improvement, battery life isnt the best), but i assure you that you will not be disappointed.

btw, i was getting bad battery life with a lot of the software leaks, but i put .503 on my phone and.... no bs.... battery life almost doubled!
    12-30-11 10:56 PM
    couldn't be happier with my decision of getting the BlackBerry Bold 9930.
    12-31-11 03:33 AM
    Get the Bold....and a Playbook!
    12-31-11 04:21 PM
    Thanks to all of you for your help. I' am happy to share that I'm back! This is being posted from my new Blackberry 9930!
    Such a genuinely beautiful device. Thanks again everyone! Couldn't be happier with this thing
    12-31-11 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD