02-09-12 03:19 PM
28 12
tools
    Well I have a 9300 and I'm pretty disapointed with it and want to upgrade. I don't know if I should get a 9900 or just leave blackberry and get an iphone. I don't really use apps and really like the physical keyboard and the light at the front that shows when you get a message on blackberry, but I don't want a short battry life which I hear some people are having on the 9900. Any thoughts?
    02-09-12 02:22 AM
    Well I have a 9300 and I'm pretty disapointed with it and want to upgrade. I don't know if I should get a 9900 or just leave blackberry and get an iphone. I don't really use apps and really like the physical keyboard and the light at the front that shows when you get a message on blackberry, but I don't want a short battry life which I hear some people are having on the 9900. Any thoughts?
    Coming from an Iphone4 and having a bb in the past, I must say I don't regret selling my Iphone and having the 9900 now. I'm very happy with it and I just missed the little things the Iphone doesn't has, like the little redlight when you get a message. But you will hear this probably alot, in the end you decide what you want. Goodluck!

Ohhh and btw, the battery life of an Iphone isn't all that either
    Last edited by t3ddie; 02-09-12 at 04:22 AM.
    02-09-12 02:28 AM
    Most here would say a 9900 as its a Blackberry site. If we all had iphones, the majority wouldn't be here.

I don't find battery life to be a problem. Especially since the last two updates.

If you buy a Bold 9900 & you're a heavy user, buy a second wafer thin battery and carry it in your wallet.
    02-09-12 03:57 AM
    My advice.... Take my I4 n I'll get the 9900
    Really tho, if your worried about a short battery(not speaking for the 9900,yet) my i4 has terrible battery. I just wiped it so it has nothin but stock apps and Facebook n msn. Just got done working a 12 hr shift with minimal use as I can only use it on break and I have 13% left. I can't wait to trade this is for the 9900
    02-09-12 04:10 AM
    Just try out both devices, and then make your choice. That is my advice. You are able to think for yourself and you are the only one to make your own decisions when it comes to a smartphone.

App/multimedia crazy, go android (Extended battery is recommended) or iphone (jailbroken allows more apps, mind you, it's your choice, just don't tell apple).

Communications crazy, go blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    02-09-12 04:55 AM
    I browsed over your statement and saw these keywords:

keyboard - go for the 9900

dont need apps - go for the 9900 as that is one (if not the only) of the advantages of the iphone over the BB

battery - if I am not mistaken, battery life on these two devices are almost the same

aside from the foregoing, you retain bbm and the amazing push email services that BB gives us.

Conclusion: It is more apparent already than real

Good luck with your decision
    02-09-12 05:27 AM
    I browsed over your statement and saw these keywords:

keyboard - go for the 9900

dont need apps - go for the 9900 as that is one (if not the only) of the advantages of the iphone over the BB

battery - if I am not mistaken, battery life on these two devices are almost the same

aside from the foregoing, you retain bbm and the amazing push email services that BB gives us.

Conclusion: It is more apparent already than real

Good luck with your decision
    +1...What he said
    02-09-12 07:04 AM
    I'm struggling with the same issue. I have a 9650, and my upgrade is coming up in six weeks.
    I came to the Blackberry from an Iphone 3GS. I loved the Iphone, but the ATT service was so bad that I couldn't receive calls on too many occasions. My Iphone had over 60 apps on it, but I only used about 10% of them regularly. Seems like you can get an app for everything if you have an Iphone.
    But I do love the Blackberry. Yes, I've had issues with it. Mostly due to too many apps loaded, and not enough RAM.
    The bigger issue for me is whether to wait it out for BB10. I'm not sure I want to wait till fall. I'm hesitant to get a 9930 when it will be gone in the fall.
    Try them both out, and see which one fits you.
    02-09-12 07:16 AM
    I wouldn't let the battery life questions put you off the 9900. I have the latest leak of OS 7.1 and I never finish the day with less than 50% battery life. I'm not a heavy user but this is the best performance I have had from a Blackberry by far, and I have had a few over the years.

I really like my 9900. IPhone wasn't an option for me as I like a keyboard, and Mrs Pilchard would not let me prise her Blackberry out of her hands in any event so it makes sense for us both to have the same type of phone (for sharing information, chargers, etc).

If RIM gets the Playbook OS2 right (and the early demos look great) that is an added bonus of a 9900 if you buy one of those too.
    02-09-12 07:47 AM
    iphone 4s battery life is pretty horrible, some kind of software bugs, same with most other ios5 devices. Check out apple support forums those threads are everywhere.
    02-09-12 09:43 AM
    iphone 4s battery life is pretty horrible, some kind of software bugs, same with most other ios5 devices. Check out apple support forums those threads are everywhere.
    This is based on a total lack of adequate knowledge...as are most iPhone 4s bashing posts around here. But, this is a BlackBerry forum...and that's to be expected, I guess.

The iPhone 4s has excellent battery life...for a smartphone. If you expect the iPhone 4s or 9900 battery life to be 2-3 days, you need to go back to a Motorola Razr. I am getting a full day of fairly heavy use out of mine...and I charge overnight, like most do. No biggie.

There is no "some kind of software bugs". The iPhone 4s runs smoothly and efficiently. Is it perfect...no, but neither is any smartphone out there. As far as smoothness and ease of use...the iOS knows no peers, at least for now.

Bottom line...these are two totally different devices, and each one has it's own group of strongpoints and negatives. It's up to you to decide where your priorities are...and pick the device that best serves what is important to you in a mobile device.
    02-09-12 10:04 AM
    iPhone 4s Battery Life?

iPhone 4 Poor Battery Life? (Usage stats included)

iPhone 4S Battery Life: Best solutions and procedures for 1st time user: 1-Do you have a battery life issue (learn first what the usage time spec is about) 2-What can you try to remedy the situation without reading 500 pages of posts

why is my iPhone 4S battery life so short?

iPhone 4S battery life is half of what it should be.

As I said.. go look at apple support/discussion forums. Clearly, I have to post up 5 links that were super easy to find, just to prove I wasn't talking through my . Just search "iphone 4s battery life" on google and those are the first 5 results you get. And yes, you get this on all iOS 5 devices, but people are affected at different rates based on the device they have. The 4s seems to be the worst thus far, but I have heard about it on the 4 and ipad2. Don't believe me? I could post up another 5 links from the APPLE WEBSITE if you'd like.

BTW - the friends that I know that have iOS 5, their battery life is sucky too for MOST of them, not all, but over 50%. Of course, they hate to admit it, and put their phone in airplane mode and whatever mode to conserve battery life when not near a charger.

This is just fact, not ideas thrown around on a "Blackberry Forum".
    02-09-12 10:59 AM
    you must be old person (if not age then by brain).
    less and low powered battery is in fashion now..
    most of smartphones comes with less powered battery or so much powered smartphone that they constantly need charging.
    even movie stars/ celebs and etc... carry chargers...
    get a grip and live with it...
    buy iPhone..bb re for old and aged people...
    Last edited by infinus; 02-09-12 at 11:10 AM.
    02-09-12 11:02 AM
    iPhone 4s Battery Life?

iPhone 4 Poor Battery Life? (Usage stats included)

iPhone 4S Battery Life: Best solutions and procedures for 1st time user: 1-Do you have a battery life issue (learn first what the usage time spec is about) 2-What can you try to remedy the situation without reading 500 pages of posts

why is my iPhone 4S battery life so short?

iPhone 4S battery life is half of what it should be.

As I said.. go look at apple support/discussion forums. Clearly, I have to post up 5 links that were super easy to find, just to prove I wasn't talking through my . Just search "iphone 4s battery life" on google and those are the first 5 results you get. And yes, you get this on all iOS 5 devices, but people are affected at different rates based on the device they have. The 4s seems to be the worst thus far, but I have heard about it on the 4 and ipad2. Don't believe me? I could post up another 5 links from the APPLE WEBSITE if you'd like.

BTW - the friends that I know that have iOS 5, their battery life is sucky too for MOST of them, not all, but over 50%. Of course, they hate to admit it, and put their phone in airplane mode and whatever mode to conserve battery life when not near a charger.

This is just fact, not ideas thrown around on a "Blackberry Forum".
    Do you actually OWN an iPhone 4s? I'm using one right now, and it's the third one I've personally owned...and none have had battery problems. Truth is, that the iPhone 4s has the best battery life of any of the iPhone models to date...and I've owned them all. You are basing your information on forum threads by a handful of people who think smartphone battery charges should last for days...and by some that are too lazy to put their devices on a charger each night. Most forums...most mobile forums are bastions for the relative minority of people who have issues with their devices to vent their frustrations. The vast majority of people who enjoy their devices and have no real issues will never post on any internet forum.

I also have an iPad2, and the battery life on it is a genuine 2-days with moderate to heavy use on a 100% charge.

No, neither of these equates to the ridiculously great battery life of the BB 9700/9780 line...but then nothing on the market can compare. I do feel like the battery life of the iPhone 4s equals that of the BlackBerry 9900.
    Last edited by davistld01; 02-09-12 at 11:17 AM.
    02-09-12 11:14 AM
    I have a 4 and regularly get 18-23 hours withe moderate to heavy use and have never even used the airplane mode.

Broad brush cat is broad brush.

In fact Monday is a good example. Off charger at 11:30ish Sunday night, worked 11 hours, family emergency meant about 100-200 extra texts on top of the usual (I text a lot) plus several long calls. Once I got back from emergency at around 12:45 am Tuesday morning, I was at 22%. I had played some games while waiting in the ER to try to distract plus some web browsing for information on the situation.

So again, even on OS 5, not every iPhone has bad battery. The poster who doesn't have a 4S (the model that did have a battery issue) but a 4 who had horrible battery may have something rogue running in the background. The demo 4s was sitting in a drawer left on for 3 days and still had 35% on it from standby.

2 of my co workers have the 9900 and they are often plugged in at some point during the day. They are moderate to heavy users. Closer to heavy I suppose. Both say they miss the battery life they had with their 9700 series.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by reeneebob; 02-09-12 at 11:32 AM.
    LeSteven likes this.
    02-09-12 11:29 AM
    Yup okay tens of thousands of ppl are wrong on those forums. And btw, did I say all iphones? Please quote me if I did say so.. I'm not a biased kinda guy. I just posted factual info which was relevant to what the OP was asking for, as well as real user experiences with battery life on a 4s. You have all the info you need buddy
    Last edited by apengue1; 02-09-12 at 12:12 PM.
    02-09-12 12:09 PM
    Tens of thousands? Hyperbole.

I never said YOU said all. There were two posts being responded to. However, I still await the quantitative proof from your comment that no one died making HP laptops and there are no suicides in any Foxconn facility but the one that manufactures Apple parts.

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk
    Last edited by reeneebob; 02-09-12 at 12:14 PM.
    02-09-12 12:11 PM
    Don't do it ...
    02-09-12 12:12 PM
    Yes tens of thousands. Go see for yourself. Some threads have 400+ posts on the issue and there are multiple of them. Don't make me bring up the links again.. Apengue out
    02-09-12 12:14 PM
    And each poster is an individual? You combed through and checked? No double posters or multiple responders?

02-09-12 12:22 PM
    Annnnnnd still waiting for proof that Apple is the devil because no one died at a Foxconn facility for YOUR HP laptop.

02-09-12 12:23 PM
    Annnnnnd still waiting for proof that Apple is the devil because no one died at a Foxconn facility for YOUR HP laptop.

Its funny because you have no proof that anyone DID DIE. Getting off topic on this thread.. You should have posted this on my other thread. Clearly you guys are not trying to help out the OP.
    02-09-12 12:34 PM
    And each poster is an individual? You combed through and checked? No double posters or multiple responders?

Yeah.. Didn't you? I told you to check it out... I know you didn't.
    02-09-12 12:36 PM
    Lol. No really. You know what? When I get access to my laptop I will take the time out of my day to do a count. Just for you.

Anyway, I would post that to your other thread but it appears to have gone bye bye. However, someone did post that of the tech companies that have Chinese facilities, Apple is doing better at trying to improve conditions than Dell or HP. They posted a link to an article in laptopmag.com with a direct quote. So before you continue on this Apple/Apple users are the devil agenda you're on, I'd side eye that HP you so proudly use. Seems it isn't as clean and pure as you thought.

02-09-12 12:57 PM
    Yeah I havent had a chance to look at the article.. now its too late. I may dig for it, though. I do not proudly use my HP, it was but a mere example.
    02-09-12 01:09 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD