so i just bought the blackberry playbook and im loving it. i was on my way to leave att for verizon and i was going to either get the 9930 or a Palm Pre 3 when they come out. im currently using the Samsung captivate, which i hate.

question is.... should i wait for the new Bold or should i just switch now and get the best blackberry they have now?
    (by the way which one would that be?)

im fairly antsy to drop att so a super long wait isnt ideal.

what would i be missing out on if i didnt wait?
    05-20-11 08:05 PM
    Well if you own a Playbook, AT&T still has not released Bridge to use with BB. Sooooo you can get full use of the Playbook on Verizon with a Blackberry. Now the new series of Blackberry phones are due out this summer so it is up to you as to if you want to wait. I would wait if I could. I use a Bold on VZ and am waiting for the Bold Touch to drop.
    05-20-11 08:32 PM
    If you're dying to switch to Verizon, I would pick up a used Bold 9650 from either Craigslist or eBay and have that activated when you sign up for service with Verizon. If I'm not mistaken, you'd have an upgrade available when the 9930 is finally released. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
    MrT1ki likes this.
    05-20-11 09:29 PM
    If you're dying to switch to Verizon, I would pick up a used Bold 9650 from either Craigslist or eBay and have that activated when you sign up for service with Verizon. If I'm not mistaken, you'd have an upgrade available when the 9930 is finally released. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
    wow, ill have to call verizon and see because that sounds awesome. unless anybody knows?

edit: just got off the phone with vzw and it looks like youre right scout. excellent idea!
    Last edited by MrT1ki; 05-20-11 at 09:46 PM.
    giper54 likes this.
    05-20-11 09:40 PM
    Thats a good idea about Scout_313 if its true. I am not sure myself, so MrT1ki, if you call to find out, please post and let us know your finding.

Its true that you cant bridge the playbook with the blackberry yet with at&t but I am sure it will be able to soon. If you want to stay with at&t, the best blackberry available to consumers would be the Torch. If I were you, I would wait it out for the Bold 9900/9930.
    05-20-11 09:49 PM
    wow, ill have to call verizon and see because that sounds awesome. unless anybody knows?

edit: just got off the phone with vzw and it looks like youre right scout. excellent idea!
    Glad I could help ya out.
    05-20-11 10:04 PM
    Thats a good idea about Scout_313 if its true. I am not sure myself, so MrT1ki, if you call to find out, please post and let us know your finding.

Its true that you cant bridge the playbook with the blackberry yet with at&t but I am sure it will be able to soon. If you want to stay with at&t, the best blackberry available to consumers would be the Torch. If I were you, I would wait it out for the Bold 9900/9930.
    You can bridge you just can't download the app through appworld but from a link on here...

I would wait for the refresh of the torch if you stay with at&t or if you switch to verizon wait for the 9930 model to come out.
    05-20-11 10:26 PM
    Just wait. The 9900 will be here soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-11 11:41 PM
    just to clarify a verizon rep said that if i supply the phone that i wouldnt have to pay full price on the new blackberry when it comes out.

i.e. scouts idea will work.
    05-20-11 11:45 PM
    I did the same thing, but for Sprint. I was using a Style. I was expecting the new bold would be on sprint. Even though I provided my own phone I still had to do a 2 year contract. I called to clarify to see if I was eligible for an upgrade for a new phone in the near future and the lady said, 'No'. I'd have to wait for my contract to end before I can do a discounted purchase on a phone. So I ended my 30 trial. And now I'm waiting for the Bold 9930 so I can take advantage of the subsided price later.

Remember I was on Sprint, I don't know if Verizon is the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-11 03:15 AM
    You can bridge you just can't download the app through appworld but from a link on here...

I would wait for the refresh of the torch if you stay with at&t or if you switch to verizon wait for the 9930 model to come out.
    Oh, was not aware of that, thanks for clarifying that for me jstarett
    05-21-11 09:41 AM
    just to clarify a verizon rep said that if i supply the phone that i wouldnt have to pay full price on the new blackberry when it comes out.

i.e. scouts idea will work.
    You may want to clarify what "wouldn't have to pay full price" means. It may not be full price but it may not be as cheap as if you were getting a new contract price. Remember, if you do what they say, you will be under their contract at that time already. So be careful how they tell you things.
    05-21-11 09:44 AM
    you should wait and then jump ship.
    05-24-11 11:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD