i used to use a 9700 when i lived in europe, but when i moved to the US, i had to switch to CDMA and i got a 9930... honestly, it's not worth upgrading to. i was underwhelmed... the 9900 is basically a 9810 with a smaller screen, and with a high risk of getting bricked... EDoF camera also sucks.

you should probably wait until the 9790 comes out, or if you like the torch form factor and don't want to wait, get the 9810. the 99xx series is completely overrated, and i would honestly go right back to my 9700 if i could.
    11-21-11 09:07 PM
    i used to use a 9700 when i lived in europe, but when i moved to the US, i had to switch to CDMA and i got a 9930... honestly, it's not worth upgrading to. i was underwhelmed... the 9900 is basically a 9810 with a smaller screen, and with a high risk of getting bricked... EDoF camera also sucks.

you should probably wait until the 9790 comes out, or if you like the torch form factor and don't want to wait, get the 9810. the 99xx series is completely overrated, and i would honestly go right back to my 9700 if i could.
    You should have stayed with a GSM carrier. Take a look at the 9900 vs 9790 comparison on the CB BLOGS. In short, the 9790 is the lesser cousin of the 9900. 9810 or 9900 depends upon needs and preferences. The bricking issue with the 9810 is far more rare than with the 99xx series.
    11-21-11 09:17 PM
    It's like owning a nice car that worries you every time you get behind the wheel. If you don't trust it, it's an uneasy feeling relying on it.
    That's EXACTLY how I would describe it!!!
    11-22-11 03:09 AM

I used to have a 9700 on ATT. I loved it but yearned for an OS6 device with a Keyboard. Went to a 9800 that bricked in 3 days. Decided to return it and go back to my 9700 because I missed the form factor so much.

When the 9780 was released, ATT would not carry it. I kept the 9700 chugging along with some new OS6 updates. Some I regret as I needed to load less apps and there were freezing issues with earlier builds. I still loved the 9700 though until I got an ATT 9900. Now the 9700 looks like a toy. The keyboard is smooshed and it just feels cheap.

9700 is a still a solid device, but it really is nothing in comparison to the 9900.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-22-11 05:13 AM
    Seems to be related to the charging dock. I know quite a few people that have the 9900 since launch, and nobody reported any problems. Everyone is charging with the usb cable. i was about to order the dock for work but i'm afraid it'll fry my 9900.
    How do you reason that it is the charging dock's fault?
    11-22-11 05:45 AM
    The charging dock would not be a likely cause but could be possible depending on the AC adapter being used. There have been posts involving the use of the PB OEM folding blade charger being used while faster to charge may be a cause. Think of a laptop docking station adapter being used to charge a laptop that has a different current capacity and eventually causing damage to the laptop.
    11-22-11 06:17 AM
    Am I the only one who had massive problems with this phone after just a couple of days? The track pad started living a life of its own, after a view days it even stopped working completely. It is extremely slow, both the touch screen and the track pad. It shut down by itself every couple of hours and the camera didn't work after having it for 4 days! The phone deteriorated in no-time... I am not very savvy with phones but am extremely gentle and careful with them, so it is not mishandling. Might this have to do with too many emails on the device (3000+). It was rebooted and this also did not help. A new one is on its way, but I was not impressed after all these issues in under a week!
    11-22-11 06:24 AM
    My 9900 has been perfect. I got it 2 months ago with the charging pod. I put it in the charging pod every night with zero issues. I'm thinking this bricking issue is being overblown. Plus say it bricks. You get a new one and I'm sure the issue will be fixed soon.

Just do it already! Oh and back your data up.
    11-22-11 07:34 AM
    Well, I am thinking of moving to the BBBold world as well. I was told to order an iPhone 4s two weeks ago as our company just approved them and ow they are saying hold up due to large demands. I was told I could order any BB yesterday so I am thinking of skipping over the iPhone as I need a new phone rather quickly. Our BB contracts thru corporate are only 1 year so if it goes bad, this time next year I could move to the newer iPhone.

I like the bold when I have played with it in store but never owned a BB. I don't know how to update OS' and the like. I mean, I would have to find out as battery life is important to me as I am a 7000/min a month user of the phone with lots of emails. Browser looks nice.
    The only thing I really wanted with the iPhone is Siri. It looks nice to use while driving. As much as I don't want a bricked phone I can always return them. The touchscreen addition is nice and works well.

Just need to figure out if I hang on and wait for a 4s with 2 year contract or go Bold with 1 year.
    11-22-11 07:52 AM
    If you can afford it, go for it. its the best BB experience. upgrade your OS to >.502 for much better battery life. last 12 hours of heavy use.
    11-22-11 08:21 AM
    If you can afford it, go for it. its the best BB experience. upgrade your OS to >.502 for much better battery life. last 12 hours of heavy use.
    It's a company issued phone, so no chage for me.
    11-22-11 08:51 AM
    it seems RIM can't catch a break. Botched Playbook and Bold 9930/9900 release, battery issues on the Bold, quality issues on the Bold, now the random nuking... what's going on here? and to continue in this self destructing path, they design that abomination of QNX super phone we've been seeing around
    11-22-11 11:02 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD