When I heard about the 9900 and it's specs I knew I have to get it.
    Currently I am using a iPhone 3GS and before that I used the 8900. Should I wait for the iPhone 5 or get the 9900 on tmobile when it releases? On the phone I mostly do texting, email, and sometimes web surf
    08-28-11 12:21 AM
    Yes, because it is currently the best Smartphone on the market.
    08-28-11 12:23 AM
    Battery issue would be something to look out for
    08-28-11 12:26 AM
    Hey flash.. I see you have the 9930. Do you like it? And what device did you have before?
    08-28-11 12:29 AM
    Its fantastic but you should look carefully at the device before purchasing.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9900-a-640589/
    08-28-11 12:31 AM
    I love this phone and the battery life for me is great! Not sure if it's just my device or battery, but I have no issues what so ever with regards to my battery life. It's comparable to my 9800 with the same use and I consider myself a moderate to heavy user. As most would say on this forum, go for it!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-11 12:34 AM
    I love this phone and the battery life for me is great! Not sure if it's just my device or battery, but I have no issues what so ever with regards to my battery life. It's comparable to my 9800 with the same use and I consider myself a moderate to heavy user. As most would say on this forum, go for it!!!

How many hours does the battery last with your usage? Cause on my 3GS it does around 3pm when I unplug at 8am
    08-28-11 12:39 AM
    How many hours does the battery last with your usage? Cause on my 3GS it does around 3pm when I unplug at 8am
    Mine lasts a day and a half. Moderate to heavy usage.

itzkidjrxx likes this.
    08-28-11 12:41 AM
    Big statement.

All things considered, without a bias, there is almost no way the 9900 is the best smartphone on the market. Probably not even top tier. If you do not have a preference or a bias toward Apple or BlackBerry, you might want to wait for the new iPhone; it will almost certainly be better in every aspect of hardware, and its software will have a massive update.
    08-28-11 12:44 AM
    Big statement.

All things considered, without a bias, there is almost no way the 9900 is the best smartphone on the market. Probably not even top tier. If you do not have a preference or a bias toward Apple or BlackBerry, you might want to wait for the new iPhone; it will almost certainly be better in every aspect of hardware, and its software will have a massive update.
    Everyone has different needs.. I'm not saying you are a apple fan boy. For me the iPhones doesn't suit my needs
    08-28-11 12:47 AM
    Big statement.

"not even top tier". This is even a bigger statement. Don't agree with this comment.

08-28-11 12:50 AM
    "not even top tier". This is even a bigger statement. Don't agree with this comment.

As far as specs are concerned, the Bold 9900 is mid-tier. I am not looking for an argument, but there are plenty of more 'powerful' phones. As far as software, it's purely opinion; it may be considered years outdated to some, while others think it's the best thing ever.

The Bold 9900 seems to be a pretty sweet phone that, if BlackBerry is a must-have for you, you should probably get. Otherwise, there are numerous phone with better cameras, better processors, more RAM, more apps, etc. I'm just trying to offer an unbiased opinion for the OP.
    itzkidjrxx likes this.
    08-28-11 12:54 AM

I agree and disagree.. Because iPhone has a great varieties of games and apps that blackberry doesn't but blackberry makes it up with the messaging and amazing keyboard.
    08-28-11 12:55 AM
    Easily right now

08-28-11 12:56 AM
    Battery issue would be something to look out for
    I don't have ANY battery issues... I get better battery life out of the 9900 than I did with my 9700.
    08-28-11 12:58 AM
    I don't have ANY battery issues... I get better battery life out of the 9900 than I did with my 9700.
    How much difference? And is the speed on the 9900 much faster then the 9700?
    08-28-11 12:59 AM
    As far as specs are concerned, the Bold 9900 is mid-tier. I am not looking for an argument, but there are plenty of more 'powerful' phones. As far as software, it's purely opinion; it may be considered years outdated to some, while others think it's the best thing ever.

The Bold 9900 seems to be a pretty sweet phone that, if BlackBerry is a must-have for you, you should probably get. Otherwise, there are numerous phone with better cameras, better processors, more RAM, more apps, etc. I'm just trying to offer an unbiased opinion for the OP.
    I am not looking for an argument too, but you were talking a new iphone that is not even out yet and specs are still unknown. If your talking about specs, the current iphone is below mid-tier compared to the powerful phones out there. You talk about software saying BB "maybe considered outdated while others think it's the best thing ever", same can be said for the iPhone. Once the iPhone 5 comes out, a month later, it will be considered mid-tier if you just want to talk about specs.

BTW, I don't want this thread turning into another an iPhone vs BB thread.
    08-28-11 01:08 AM
    I am not looking for an argument too, but you were talking a new iphone that is not even out yet and specs are still unknown. If your talking about specs, the current iphone is below mid-tier compared to the powerful phones out there. You talk about software saying BB "maybe considered outdated while others think it's the best thing ever", same can be said for the iPhone. Once the iPhone 5 comes out, a month later, it will be considered mid-tier if you just want to talk about specs.

It's simple..
    iPhone- media device
    Blackberry- business device.
    08-28-11 01:13 AM

I was simply refuting the claim that the 9900 is the best smartphone on the market.

It's simple..
    iPhone- media device
    Blackberry- business device.
    It isn't that simple. The iPhone does more than play media well, and the BlackBerry isn't strictly for business.
    08-28-11 01:38 AM
    I was simply refuting the claim that the 9900 is the best smartphone on the market.
    That's fine, but you can't refute the statement by bring up an iP5, which is not even out yet.
    08-28-11 02:07 AM
    Big statement.

Will it have a keyboard? No? Well then.
    08-28-11 03:08 AM
    Same here, equal if not better than my 9700.
    08-28-11 03:11 AM
    Hey flash.. I see you have the 9930. Do you like it? And what device did you have before?
    Here are my previous Blackberry devices: 8700g, 8300, 8100, 8320, 8900,9700, 9650,9930.

And yes, I do love the 9930...best bb I've ever had.
    08-28-11 04:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD