OK, so I just installed shortcutme and so far, I can't get it to do what I think it is supposed to do. For example, I thought if I wanted to use the app choice "search google" I could make the command "g" and then after saving, from any screen i could either hit "g", or hold down "g", and it would launch. However, it doesn't. AND I have tried other apps and nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!!
    09-05-11 02:59 PM
    nevermind, I figured it out. I had to set the "Search by Typing" to app launch.
    09-05-11 03:30 PM
    Ok, it still isn't working. I have my regular shortcuts working, but nothing from shortcutme. Well, the shortcut me app works when it is open, but does it have to always be open to take advantage of it? I mean, must you always hit "spacebar" then the shortcut? I thought it was going to make shortcut just work. Help please.
    Last edited by smithrep; 09-05-11 at 04:01 PM.
    09-05-11 03:45 PM
    Shortcutme... hmmm, "my own icons" from the same developer is the one you are probably looking for, that app can launch shortcutme shortcuts and macros, in addition, it has the ability to remap the key shortcuts in the homescreen, like what you are trying to do.

There is nowhere in the description of shortcutme that says the program will assign apps to keyboard shortcuts in any screen. Shortcutme works best when assigned to the convenience key, so when you hit the convenience key, shortcutme launches, then you hit g (or any other combination) and then the app launches.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by gbsn; 09-05-11 at 04:00 PM.
    09-05-11 03:54 PM
    the shortcut me app has to be open for anything to launch, i hope i understand you correctly. Set the space key or convenience key to open shortcut me then try it. Click the space bar or side key (whichever one you have set to open shortcutme then hit the shortcut key you have set, im loving it
    09-06-11 07:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD