I have ordered a 9930 from Verizon for delivery tomorrow to replace my 9650. I have found ShortcutMe to be an essential app on previous devices. Does anyone know if ShortcutMe is compatible with the 9930 and OS v7? Please let me know.
    08-16-11 06:52 AM
    I have ordered a 9930 from Verizon for delivery tomorrow to replace my 9650. I have found ShortcutMe to be an essential app on previous devices. Does anyone know if ShortcutMe is compatible with the 9930 and OS v7? Please let me know.
    I absolutely agree with you. I even emailed the shortcutme software people about this question, but they referred me to this forum. I posted the question in the apps working/not working in this forum, but haven't gotten a reply. Please post the answer when you find out. Good luck with your new bold. Frankly, I am holding off ordering until I find out about shortcutme
    08-16-11 09:29 AM
    From what it has been said, appworld is not working properly. Won't be surprised if shortcutme does not work with os 7 as of yet.
    08-16-11 09:37 AM
    [Edit, Aug.18]: ShortcutMe 5.7 is now released for 9900 and 9930 on mobihand, crackberry and other channels.
    [Edit, Aug.20]: ShortcutMe 5.7 is now also released on App World (but mobihand & channels has a newer version)
    [Edit, Aug.20]: ShortcutMe 5.7.1.0 is released for 9900, 9930, 9810, 9850, and 9860 on mobihand * channels.

Because of the screen size changes on 99xx models, ShortcutMe's font and virtual keypad might not look good/draw properly.

I am working on porting ShortcutMe to OS 7 with few new features.
    I am specially keen to get the Keypad Stroke Launching of ShortcutMe (Touch version) to run on Bold 99xx.
    This will be new for Bold users, because earlier Bold models didn't have touch screen.

Keypad Stroke Launching allows users to draw finger on the virtual keypad to launch their shortcuts. It is very convenient and quick comparing to entering shortcut keys, or finding & clicking on the shortcuts.

Hopefully, the new version will be available early next week.
    Last edited by Vijik; 08-21-11 at 05:49 AM.
    08-16-11 10:21 AM
    So far I have received more than 300 emails asking about ShortcutMe and OS7.

I answered few of the first emails like that, but I simply can't answer them all.

Hopefully those sending email will see this thread, find their answer and apologize me for not responding to their emails.
    tmord1 likes this.
    08-16-11 10:26 AM
    Because of the screen size changes on 99xx models, ShortcutMe's font and virtual keypad might not look good/draw properly.

I am working on porting ShortcutMe to OS 7 with few new features.
    I am specially keen to get the Keypad Stroke Launching of ShortcutMe (Touch version) to run on Bold 99xx.
    This will be new for Bold users, because earlier Bold models didn't have touch screen.

Keypad Stroke Launching allows users to draw finger on the virtual keypad to launch their shortcuts. It is very convenient and quick comparing to entering shortcut keys, or finding & clicking on the shortcuts.

Hopefully, the new version will be available early next week.
    Can you also make sure the keyboard shortcuts that we had in 9700 series would not go away. I love the spacebar feature with a keystroke. This is one of the main applications for me on a blackberry.
    08-16-11 12:23 PM
    Can you also make sure the keyboard shortcuts that we had in 9700 series would not go away. I love the spacebar feature with a keystroke. This is one of the main applications for me on a blackberry.
    Sure.
    Keyboard shortcuts are going to stay (both on the virtual keypad and on the physical keypad)!
    data77 likes this.
    08-16-11 02:37 PM
    Thank you, Vijik.
    08-16-11 02:40 PM
    Thank you, Vijik.
    You're very welcome.

When do you get your 9900/9930?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 06:03 PM
    I received my Bold Touch 9930 early this afternoon. Can you please provide me a link for your latest (beta?) that MAY work with 9930? I am lost without SCM!!! (and version transferred from 9650 will not work at all).
    Last edited by visortgw; 08-17-11 at 10:08 PM.
    08-17-11 09:59 PM
    I received my Bold Touch 9930 early this afternoon. Can you please provide me a link for your latest (beta?) that MAY work with 9930? I am lost without SCM!!! (and version transferred from 9650 will not work at all).

Send email to support at shortcutme dot com to get the link to download it.
    ShortcutMe is now ready for 99xx and OS 7.
    08-17-11 10:15 PM

Send email to support at shortcutme dot com to get the link to download it.
    ShortcutMe is now ready for 99xx and OS 7.
    Nice!! That is a must have app for sure. For some reason my shortcut key stroke to SMS is buggy for OS 5 and 6. There is a delay to load sms messages. Any ideas? Thanks for your help BTW!
    08-17-11 10:23 PM
    Nice!! That is a must have app for sure. For some reason my shortcut key stroke to SMS is buggy for OS 5 and 6. There is a delay to load sms messages. Any ideas? Thanks for your help BTW!
    If you are talking about SMS_Page, then there is a delay before SCM switches from messages to sms page. The delay is there to make sure that Messages takes enough time to open on all BBs before switching to sms page is done.
    If you use macros in ShortcutMe, you can design your own SMS_Page that is as quick as possible for your device.

08-18-11 09:52 AM
    FYI: ShortcutMe 5.7 is now OS 7 compatible and it is available for 9900/9930 on mobihand & channels stores.

08-18-11 09:55 AM
    Vijik, I got my 9930 on Tuesday morning. It's incredible. Emailing support now for the link for 5.7. Thanks!
    08-18-11 01:41 PM
    I was not familiar with ShortcutMe but given the amount of interest I had to check it out. Glad I did and it will be on my Bold 9930.
    08-18-11 01:49 PM
    I was not familiar with ShortcutMe but given the amount of interest I had to check it out. Glad I did and it will be on my Bold 9930.

With the macros in ShortcutMe, you should be able to make super shortcuts made specially for you!
    08-20-11 05:30 PM
    Sure.
    Keyboard shortcuts are going to stay (both on the virtual keypad and on the physical keypad)!
    Dear Vijik, How can setup faster SMS macros? The default one has a lag. Appreciate any help!
    08-20-11 06:34 PM
    Dear Vijik, How can setup faster SMS macros? The default one has a lag. Appreciate any help!
    What do you mean with sms, 'SMS_Page' (the function that shows sent/received SMS)?
    08-21-11 05:53 AM
    I down loaded it fine, but cant get it to load. I get a small text box.
    08-21-11 11:24 AM
    I down loaded it fine, but cant get it to load. I get a small text box.
    The size of the main screen is changing depending on the number of shortcuts you have created.
    By default, ShortcutMe is shipped with one shortcut (shortcut to shortcutme.com/faq page). Therefore the height of the screen is adjusted for one shortcut.
    As you create your own shortcuts, the screen gets bigger and bigger to accomodate more shortcuts.

08-21-11 12:01 PM
    Hi Vijik
    How can i develop a shortcut to get to the SMS page pretty quickly. Can you provide any guidance/help?

I also wanted to launch on of the applications (google sync). Can i set it up where it gets launched in the background by itself at a certain time? I think there is a way to do it. Will really appreciate your help!
    09-02-11 12:45 PM
    What do you mean with sms, 'SMS_Page' (the function that shows sent/received SMS)?
    Yes. I wanted a shortcut to take me directly to the SMS page so under the list of applications available. "SMS_Page" was listed as an application to select for the shortcut. I selected it.
    09-02-11 12:48 PM
    Hi Vijik
    How can i develop a shortcut to get to the SMS page pretty quickly. Can you provide any guidance/help?
    Create a shortcut like this:
    AppName= Macro
    Macros= Launch Messages;Delay50;AltPlusKeys;

Or create a shortcut like this:
    AppName=SMS_Page

I also wanted to launch on of the applications (google sync). Can i set it up where it gets launched in the background by itself at a certain time? I think there is a way to do it. Will really appreciate your help!
    Set one of the Scheduled Shortcuts (in Common Config) of ShortcutMe to launch shortcut, let's say GOS (For google Sync), at the time of the day you want.

Then create GOS shortcut that launches Google Sync and a macro like this:
    Launch Home Screen; (this one takes the launched Google Sync to background)
    09-28-11 08:46 PM
    Create a shortcut like this:
    AppName= Macro
    Macros= Launch Messages;Delay50;AltPlusKeys;

Or create a shortcut like this:
    AppName=SMS_Page

Set one of the Scheduled Shortcuts (in Common Config) of ShortcutMe to launch shortcut, let's say GOS (For google Sync), at the time of the day you want.

Then create GOS shortcut that launches Google Sync and a macro like this:
    Launch Home Screen; (this one takes the launched Google Sync to background)

Vijik, You rock sir! This is great. This is a very powerful piece of software, I must say.

This does everything I need. I need to learn about writing macros. This is simply steller.

For example. I am trying to develop a shortcut to sort of all emails that have flags on it. I can manually do it in advanced search. Any way i can utilize shortcut me for it? Write a macro that will do it with a shortcut?

Thanks again for all your help!!
    11-03-11 12:36 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD