I have a BB9900 with the latest leak .440 and today I noticed I can't use the shortcut for locking the BB anymore. I used to use the 'k' for that, doesn't work.

Looking at the icons, I see the Password Lock icon now has the 'l' underlined, so the shortcut is the 'l', but that's also the shortcut for calendar.

Anybody out there that knows how to correct this?
    The shortcuts for calendar, messages, adresses, browser etc. all work.

Thanks,
    /Eric
    10-16-11 05:13 PM
    I'm using .261 and the shortcut to lock the phone is by holding down the "a" key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-11 05:39 PM
    I'm using .440 and my "k" button still locks the phone for me.

10-16-11 06:24 PM
    I'm using .261 and the shortcut to lock the phone is by holding down the "a" key.

The OP is talking about password lock I believe. 'a' is just key lock.
    10-16-11 06:27 PM
    Go to your homescreen and hit the menu button, go into options and set "Launch by typing" to "Universal Search". Exit and save the settings, then go right back into the same options menu and set the option to "Application Shortcuts", exit again and save.

Sometimes the setting just needs to be turned off and back on to get it working after an OS update.
    10-16-11 06:36 PM
    Go to your homescreen and hit the menu button, go into options and set "Launch by typing" to "Universal Search". Exit and save the settings, then go right back into the same options menu and set the option to "Application Shortcuts", exit again and save.

Sometimes the setting just needs to be turned off and back on to get it working after an OS update.
    Hi,

I'm still using .353 and this didn't work for me. Anyone else?

Cheers

Mav
    10-17-11 03:43 AM

Thanks for the tip!
    10-17-11 04:37 AM
    Just like the OP I'm referring to the password lock not screen lock which works by holding down the 'a' key. On my previous device/s simply pressing the 'k' key would password lock the device. That shortcut key (or convenience) is what I'm after.

Cheers.

Mav.
    Last edited by Mavrique; 10-17-11 at 06:16 PM.
    10-17-11 04:52 AM
    You can try 'Auto Lock' app,quite useful stuff!

Auto Lock - Automatic Screen and Keyboard Lock - Utilities BlackBerry Software

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/47135

I'm using it without any problem! Great App!
    10-17-11 02:24 PM
    Thanks for all the answers. I'm indeed referring to Password Lock.
    Switching between Universal Search and Application Shortcuts didn't do the trick.

I'll try to raise a query with BlackBerry.

/Eric
    10-17-11 04:44 PM
    Solved it by switching to English (US). With English (UK) the shortcut is set to 'l', with English (US) it's set to 'k'. Strange but true.....

/Eric
    mikecupcake likes this.
    10-18-11 02:46 AM
    Thanks for all the answers. I'm indeed referring to Password Lock.
    Switching between Universal Search and Application Shortcuts didn't do the trick.

I'll try to raise a query with BlackBerry.

/Eric
    I would suggest you don't contact blackberry since you're using a leaked OS

10-18-11 04:13 AM
    alt + enter password locks for me
    10-19-11 08:21 AM
    Solved it by switching to English (US). With English (UK) the shortcut is set to 'l', with English (US) it's set to 'k'. Strange but true.....

/Eric

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You're a life saver! Definitely a strange one though.

Cheers.

Mav.

Posted from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mavrique; 11-05-11 at 03:00 PM.
    11-05-11 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD