Hi,

I'm getting a 9900 tomorrow!

Can I log in with the BlackBerry ID, that I use on my Passport or should I create a new ID?
    What would the difference be or create...?

Totally new to OS 7 and have no clue what I've to deal with...

Tku for any help!

Posted via CB10
    12-10-16 11:47 AM
    You can use the same BBID, sure. But only one BBM can be active at a time.
    12-10-16 11:55 AM
    Cool, but curious, why would you get a 9900 if you have a PP? Just for curiousity sake or to have a spare phone maybe?

Keep us posted on how it runs, etc.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    12-10-16 02:48 PM
    Thanks for your input guys!

Couldn't get it yet, seller doesn't know how to do a security wipe... so she's now checking...

Will I be able to use a bbWorld for OS7?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by nimra; 12-12-16 at 09:27 AM.
    12-12-16 05:34 AM
    So now I got my Bold 9900 and got whatsapp on it and working BUT

- how do I get gmail working and gmail contacts on the device?
    - how do I get BBM working?????

Posted via CB10
    12-20-16 06:44 AM
    So now I got my Bold 9900 and got whatsapp on it and working BUT

- how do I get gmail working and gmail contacts on the device?
    - how do I get BBM working?????

Posted via CB10
    On OS 7 and earlier you need BlackBerry Internet Service activated at your carrier.
    12-20-16 09:13 AM
    They don't have this service anymore...

No other ways to get this done...?

Posted via CB10
    12-20-16 11:08 AM
    They don't have this service anymore...

No other ways to get this done...?

Posted via CB10
    Nope. BBM and push Email is impossible without a BIS subscription.

But you can use the mobile Gmail website.
    12-20-16 04:44 PM
    Nope. BBM and push Email is impossible without a BIS subscription.

But you can use the mobile Gmail website.
    Tku!
    What exactly is the difference between BIS subscription and BLACKBERRY Services, if there is any...?

Posted via CB10
    12-20-16 10:23 PM
    Where are you located. If it's a 9900 and using AT&T BIS absolutely exists and they just don't know if the store how to deal with it. Get a standard SIM and get the device activated. You'll get a welcome registration email from BlackBerry almost immediately and you're good to go.

There are many threads about GMAIL because it no longer recognizes BBOS7. The work around is to open your Gmail account on the computer and go to account settings and approved devices. While the page is open try logging into Gmail on the BlackBerry and you'll get a message in your computer email that something/someone is accessing your account from unknown device, just allow it...and your Gmail will load properly.

A few hoops to jump through worth it if you want the device working.

Contrary to what they tell you, BIS is still available it's just not like the old days where you got BlackBerry and paid $30 for unlimited data. Now you pay for normal data like anybody else but can get a way with a rather small plan probably.
    rayporsche likes this.
    12-20-16 10:39 PM
    Just to add to this, if you're activating on ATT be sure they use the IMEI from your BBOS device otherwise you'll get service but no BIS registration. Seems like standard stuff, but some of the store folks don't know this.
    David Tyler likes this.
    12-22-16 08:39 AM
    Contrary to what they tell you, BIS is still available it's just not like the old days where you got BlackBerry and paid $30 for unlimited data. Now you pay for normal data like anybody else but can get a way with a rather small plan probably.
    Excellent post on how to get a 9900 rolling on AT&T. "...rather small plan"..? That's _one_ way of putting it... My Bold uses _nothing_ compared to my Passport. Small plan, for sure.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    12-22-16 08:50 AM
    Where are you located. If it's a 9900 and using AT&T BIS absolutely exists and they just don't know if the store how to deal with it. Get a standard SIM and get the device activated. You'll get a welcome registration email from BlackBerry almost immediately and you're good to go.

There are many threads about GMAIL because it no longer recognizes BBOS7. The work around is to open your Gmail account on the computer and go to account settings and approved devices. While the page is open try logging into Gmail on the BlackBerry and you'll get a message in your computer email that something/someone is accessing your account from unknown device, just allow it...and your Gmail will load properly.

A few hoops to jump through worth it if you want the device working.

Thanks!

I live in Switzerland and finally found a carrier that still supports BlackBerry Services... after the 30th I have it all

I will be in the UK though from April to August, perhaps someone can give me hint on where to get a simcard in UK which provides BIS or BlackBerry Services...?

Posted via CB10
    12-22-16 01:48 PM
    Which apps could be on 7 like on 10

- Light Anytime (switch camera light on/off via hw button)
    - Tape Call recorder

Thanks again..

Posted via CB10
    12-22-16 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD