I apologize if this isn't in the right thread... but everyone on this particular forum has been so helpful so I'll give it a shot.

I shop on Amazon an inordinate amount of time. What I can't stand is when I search the site on my phone, it comes up with this severely condensed "mobile" version which is almost useless to me. I would have to click on the "options" menu and then click on "cached" to see what it looks like on my computer... but then I would have to flick the screen from left to right just to read it (is there a column view option in cached like my old 9650?).

Anyone know how to get rid of the mobile version so I can surf the site as I would from my home computer?
    08-25-11 02:33 PM
    Go to amazon.com/fullsite. If that's how you want to view it all the time, bookmark that page.
    08-25-11 02:40 PM
    Go to amazon.com/fullsite. If that's how you want to view it all the time, bookmark that page.
    The thing is that I like to use universal search on google to access amazon. For example, if I am at Home Depot and I see a nice tool I may want to buy I'll type in the make "Makita" and model "HT-55443" and the first or second return on google will be the product on amazon complete with pricing, reviews, etc. It's actually easier to use google to search for products on amazon than the actual amazon website.

Is there a way to set the "full site" to default on my browser so that it never pulls up the mobile version? Thanks.
    08-25-11 02:45 PM
    I think I read in a review that you can default it to show non-mobile versions but I haven't figured out how to do it.
    08-25-11 02:54 PM
    No you can't put your browser to make all sites as full. They took that feature out with blackberry OS5 (for who knows what stupid reason). Thanks to b1aze for this info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-11 04:57 PM
    Download and install the mobile Amazon app.
    ^ this!

And then let us know if it works on the 99xx; I use that app *all the time* and would be sad if it were not available yet.
    08-25-11 05:30 PM
    Log on to the web version Amazon page from your phone. The link will be at or close to the bottom of the screen when the page loads, before you even scroll. You can't miss it. I use it often and am happy with it.
    When I log onto their site and try to download their app, I get this message:

"We're sorry, your device is currently not supported"

They then give you the option to be notified when and if it does become supported.

I have the Sprint 9930. Any other ideas?
    08-25-11 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD