"Shipped" just means its been packaged and labeled. They will most likely be delivered tonight at the end of the business today to FedEx. I wouldnt really expect the tracking number to appear until FedEx actually scans it into their system for shipment. And barring a plane crash or a fire at the facility, all of us who paid for overnight will have it tomorrow I cant wait!
    08-15-11 11:26 AM
    Mine says shipped with no tracking number as well... The mail order pharmacy the I develop software for completes the orders, mark then as shipped and put all of the packeges in a bin for UPS to pick up at 2:00pm and 7:00pm for shipping.

It most be the same situation, orders are ready to ship just waiting for the FeDex pick up truck to get the packeges, once that's done the tracking number is release and visible by every body
    08-15-11 11:29 AM
    The distribution center(s) that are processing the orders probably have printed our shipping labels and the boxes are waiting to be picked up by FedEx. Large shipments like this usually get picked up between 3-5pm. If you paid for Overnight shipping and ordered late last night, you will get your 9930 tomorrow. I'm willing to bet most of us will receive our tracking information within 4 hours.
    I hope you are right. I am waiting for this thing to show up. I really really can't wait to hold it. I will probably be completely useless at work Tuesday (not that I'm much more useful any other day).
    08-15-11 11:34 AM
    Well I need this to come tomorow, i actually paid for the b4 10:30am overnight shipping... I want this phone really bad plus I already sold my 9650 on ebay (234.00 Woot!) and received payment so I need to ship this tomorow and I can't be without BB for a single minute
    08-15-11 11:38 AM
    Ok so who is playing hooky tomorrow or leaving work early? Mine says shipped too! I'm leaving work around 1pm tomorrow!
    08-15-11 11:42 AM
    Really? Have you not seen the thread that says the battery drains when you use the phone?
    Yep, we all did... that has to be the best title ever!! Period!
    08-15-11 11:44 AM
    ordered mine a couple hours ago, has been marked as shipped and like everyone else has no tracking number. got overnight delivery for free so i'm sure all of use will get it tomorrow
    08-15-11 11:45 AM
    My order confirmation is showing that it is shipped. I just e-mailed Verizon customer service asking them to refund the shipping fee they charged me. If you are offering free shipping in less than 8 hrs of a sale that is wrong. Hopefully they get back to me.

I cannot wait to get this phone.
    08-15-11 11:51 AM
    Ok so who is playing hooky tomorrow or leaving work early? Mine says shipped too! I'm leaving work around 1pm tomorrow!
    I'm always off Tuesdays so I will have all the to play with my new baby!!!!
    08-15-11 11:54 AM
    I actually have been working 2nd shift temporarily, so I got mine for delivery before 10:30, so ill have it and still go to work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 11:59 AM
    I often wonder this question on a lot of big purchases. Who is actually "shipping" the phones? Are the phones in an actual VERIZON warehouse OR is UPS/Fedex fulfilling the orders?

I have no idea why I care it is just an interesting way of doing things and it is fascinating. UPS back in the day used to do logistics for Dell and actually Built/Assembled everything into one box for dell. Keyboard, Monitors, CPU's were packaged by UPS and I have noticed a **** of a lot of other items as well. I believe my Playbook was done this way.
    08-15-11 12:06 PM
    Worst thread ever... This forum is about HAVING the phone or talking about it!
    Have you not seen the title of the thread? Why is there always someone on CB that wants to come into a thread and post something to ruin it.

You did not even have to participate in this thread of it was not to your liking.
    08-15-11 12:11 PM
    I ordered my Bold 9930 last night just after midnight, received the sales confirmation shortly after that, received my shipper info along with tracking number this morning and guess what just got dropped at my door not 10 mins. ago.

I know it was more important for me to write this thread instead of tearing into the box with my teeth to get my new Bold which I will do now and report back after I do all the switching etc.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 08-15-11 at 12:52 PM.
    ericlc2 likes this.
    08-15-11 12:14 PM
    two orderes I placed this morning shipped with tracking numbers
    08-15-11 12:15 PM
    My order confirmation is showing that it is shipped. I just e-mailed Verizon customer service asking them to refund the shipping fee they charged me. If you are offering free shipping in less than 8 hrs of a sale that is wrong. Hopefully they get back to me.

I cannot wait to get this phone.
    I emailed customer service as well and just spoke with them on the phone. The lady said that Verizon would automatically be crediting customers that paid for the overnight shipping. It will definitely be arriving tomorrow by 3pm.
    08-15-11 12:17 PM
    I am a little concerned about mine and wondering if you guys have the same or similar concerns. I did get my confirmation email albeit without a tracking number. When I look up the status it also says shipped however I just got off the phone with customer service and they say there is no tracking number available just yet and it is still waiting to be shipped. Now I paid extra for next day delivery, if it does not come by next day I will be more pissed about it being late than having paid for the speedy delivery.

Anyone else check with Verizon to see if there was a tracking number assigned to their order yet?
    If you paid for overnight shipping and do not receive it that way depending on the time they tell you overnight shipping means... Like before 7:00 PM as an example, the shipper has to refund your money or VZW one or the other.
    I just got my tracking number !

Last edited by ericlc2; 08-15-11 at 12:19 PM.
    Just got email from Verizon WITH my tracking number
    08-15-11 12:18 PM
    I just got an e-mail from Verizon stating my phone was shipped and is on its way. They included the tracking number in the email
    08-15-11 12:19 PM
    I ordered my Bold 9930 last night just after midnight, recived the sales confirmation shortly after that, received my shipper info along with tracking number this morning and guess what just got dropped at my door not 10 mins. ago.

I know it was more important for me to write this thread instead of tearing into the box with my teeth to get my new Bold which I will do now and report back after I do all the switching etc.
    DAMN you got lucky! Still waiting on tracking number here, BUT the site says it has shipped.

EDIT: I spoke too soon, I JUST got the email, HOLY SMOKES I MIGHT GET THIS TONIGHT!!!!!!!!! It SAYS it's in West Chester, and scheduled for tomorrow, BUT Jag got hers, so I'm crossing my fingers. And West Chester IS close!
    08-15-11 12:19 PM
    Got my tracking number.

Estimated delivery Aug 16, 2011 by 3:00 PM
    08-15-11 12:20 PM
    Tracking number here too. Delivery by 10:30am tomorrow
    08-15-11 12:30 PM
    Shipped..Not tracking number (yet). Placed order about 11:30am today.
    ordered last night at 11:30pm PST and still waiting on a tracking number...
    I emailed customer service as well and just spoke with them on the phone. The lady said that Verizon would automatically be crediting customers that paid for the overnight shipping. It will definitely be arriving tomorrow by 3pm.
    This is good news, that's $13 back in my pocket.
    08-15-11 12:34 PM
135 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD