guess what I got in my email inbox today? An email from RIM informing me that the BB 7 devices area out and available. really, RIM? a month after I purchased my device and more than that since they became available in the US? WTF? who's in charge of sales and marketing there, Curious George or his cousin? I know RIM has been shamed in the past posts but I couldn't believe I got this email now....
    marcomendez likes this.
    09-13-11 09:51 AM
    guess what I got in my email inbox today? An email from RIM informing me that the BB 7 devices area out and available. really, RIM? a month after I purchased my device and more than that since they became available in the US? WTF? who's in charge of sales and marketing there, Curious George or his cousin? I know RIM has been shamed in the past posts but I couldn't believe I got this email now....
    Yes, I just got mine at 10.46 this morning, in an email titled "The NEW BlackBerry smartphones have arrived"
    09-13-11 10:09 AM
    Thanks for the absolutely POINTLESS post.
    elvin1983 likes this.
    09-13-11 10:29 AM
    Now Now nothing is pointless.... I got the new 9930 and their email base when you sign up for notifications are slow and I got one.... SO?? I have the new 9930 and love it. Why is the post to point something out pointless. No name calling or pointless remarks.
    09-13-11 10:43 AM
    you know what is even more pointless? all these people complaining about the pointlessness of my post. If you don't like it, just ignore it! Never asked you to reply!
    09-13-11 11:26 AM
    hey be nice, we are here to read posts that we can learn or we can help, no need to be a smart a$$
    09-13-11 12:29 PM
    No, the OP has a very valid point. Why did RIM wait for a month later to "announce" the arrival of the new OS7 BBs? They should have been sending those email 1 week ptior to release to build interest and excitement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 12:00 AM
    No, the OP has a very valid point. Why did RIM wait for a month later to "announce" the arrival of the new OS7 BBs? They should have been sending those email 1 week ptior to release to build interest and excitement.

They were probably waiting until they were actually available on the majority of carriers, but I agree it is kinda dumb. I thought it was bad when Verizon would send me these same mails a week after the phone was out (and in most cases I had the device in hand if I intended to buy it). They are getting better at it though now I get them on launch day or the day after in most cases.

I do feel for the poor saps on AT&T who are NOT int he loop, get the email and go to the AT&T store only to find out that everyone else in the western world has it available EXCEPT THEM
    09-14-11 12:13 AM
    Well I think that most of the Blackberry owners don't have 9900 or 9860 yet, right?

Marketing... what's so bad about it.. ?

And don't you get the point people? come on, they just want you to forward that to all of your friends that already know how you like your 9900...for them to know that they can get it also... that's it..
    I will send it to all of my friends that are using iPhones...
    09-14-11 02:16 AM

09-14-11 03:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD