Hi guys,

Been having some real frustrating problems with this Blackberry 9900 on Tmobile, almost ready to throw away the phone.

Few days ago the 4G went to 4g, lowercase g, no data service, browser will not work, nothing works, can not recieve a phone call, can make out a call, but it will most likely disconnect after a few seconds to minutes.

Got a new sim card from Tmobile, did not rectify the problem. Got a new phone overnighted from Tmobile, same problems. Moved to a different area, because I am not on vacation in Miami, same problems, 4G changes to 4g after a few minutes to hours, who knows when, as a result, anyone trying to call me gets a one ring, direct to voicemail RIMM experience. I get no calls, the phone is useless.

Tmobile REPS just keep saying they are opening TICKETS, but only TICKET i could use, is a working one.

Any ideas from you guys, what could be going on?

Powering off the device will result in it starting up again in 4G, only to go to 4g after a few minutes, no data, no incoming calls, no texts. New sim, new phone, changed cell towers, in a different location now, no account issues.

What should I do next?

Thanks!
    12-22-11 05:34 PM
    Hi guys,

Been having some real frustrating problems with this Blackberry 9900 on Tmobile, almost ready to throw away the phone.

Few days ago the 4G went to 4g, lowercase g, no data service, browser will not work, nothing works, can not recieve a phone call, can make out a call, but it will most likely disconnect after a few seconds to minutes.

Got a new sim card from Tmobile, did not rectify the problem. Got a new phone overnighted from Tmobile, same problems. Moved to a different area, because I am not on vacation in Miami, same problems, 4G changes to 4g after a few minutes to hours, who knows when, as a result, anyone trying to call me gets a one ring, direct to voicemail RIMM experience. I get no calls, the phone is useless.

Tmobile REPS just keep saying they are opening TICKETS, but only TICKET i could use, is a working one.

Powering off the device will result in it starting up again in 4G, only to go to 4g after a few minutes, no data, no incoming calls, no texts. New sim, new phone, changed cell towers, in a different location now, no account issues.

What should I do next?

Thanks!

That's weird.... I had something similar happen to me but all I needed to do was to turn off the radio and turn it on again and it worked. You could try a battery pull as well. Did T-mobile say anything about their service being down in the miami area?
    12-22-11 07:41 PM
    Thanks for replying. Nothing has worked. Battery pulls, restarts, power off for hours at a time, re-installing OS. Also, the area is clean with no reports, and the problem is following me, as it happened in Detroit and Miami, during the same day.

What else is there to do?
    12-22-11 07:50 PM
    Thanks for replying. Nothing has worked. Battery pulls, restarts, power off for hours at a time, re-installing OS. Also, the area is clean with no reports, and the problem is following me, as it happened in Detroit and Miami, during the same day.

What else is there to do?
    Do you have another phone you can try? An older BlackBerry to check if it gets BB service?

Also make use that T-mobile provisioned the device correctly... I had a problem when I switched from my G2x to my 9900 because they forgot to change my data to BB data.
    Last edited by Core_Frequency; 12-22-11 at 07:59 PM.
    12-22-11 07:57 PM
    Hi guys,

What should I do next?

Thanks!
    A few days ago T-Mobile was having problems in the Miami area, not only on my BlackBerry but also my Android, but everything is OK now.
    12-22-11 09:56 PM
    This isn't a device issues it's T-Mobile's. All you can do is keep bothering them.
    12-23-11 12:09 AM
    Not sure if this helps but when I first switched from my 8320 to 9700 I was using DM to move my old files to my new 9700. The phone worked fine for a day or so and then all of a sudden I would lose 3G with the bb logo to just 3G. Took the phone back and they couldn't figure it out. Even spoke to a RIMM tech over the phone while at the Tmo store.
    I took my new phone home and all was great until I used DM again to restore all my data. Within minutes I lost the BB logo again. So I ended up wiping the phone and manually adding back my contacts. Took forever but the phone has been fine since.
    Somehow my backed up files from OS4 wasn't compatible with my new OS5 device. Any chance you've been using DM to restore old files on your 9900?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-11 01:52 AM
    Its not a T-Mobile issue, its a Blackberry issue for sure. I also have a Bold 9700 and it works perfectly on the same network, while the 9900 has become a nightmare.
    12-21-12 01:18 PM
    I would ask for another replacement. All I can tell you is I have been using a 9900 on T-Mobile since it was released in September of 2011 and I haven't had this issue.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-21-12 01:32 PM
    dont know if its bis or t-mobile but my 9900 on t-mobile since yesterday has dropped out of 4g and its now on edge and nothing works even if it works it takes hours and many tries to access my internet apps i called t-mobile they say no problem on their end and open up a ticket. this suckssss...
    12-21-12 01:43 PM
    dont know if its bis or t-mobile but my 9900 on t-mobile since yesterday has dropped out of 4g and its now on edge and nothing works even if it works it takes hours and many tries to access my internet apps i called t-mobile they say no problem on their end and open up a ticket. this suckssss...
    just got my 4G symbol back after 20 hours on edge hoo rayyyyyy
    12-21-12 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD