Hey,

I'm wondering if I made a mistake when setting up my email on my Bold last Fall.

I set up my work email through the Internet Mail Account section, instead of the Enterprise Account section. My email has worked fine all this time. I'm assuming it's accessing my email through our company's remote login (since I saw this information in the Advanced Settings). I would have never questioned it until a co-worker asked me for help setting up their phone, and showed me the instructions that everyone in our office typically uses, which goes through the Enterprise Account option. I hadn't originally seen the instructions, and figured it out on my own. Once it worked, I never questioned it.

So what am I missing in my situation? I'm getting my emails. I can choose to delete off the server if I select that option. I'm assuming there are added security features using the Enterprise Account. Anything else?

Thanks
    05-23-12 03:09 PM
    You may also get two way sync of contacts and calendars in addition to access to email folders on your enterprise account. This is the one limitation of BIS email, with the exception of gmail and perhaps others; BIS typically doesn't sync the calendars and contacts.
    05-23-12 07:54 PM
    Using enterprise account you may also incur some IT policies that govern some aspect of your BB.
    It is always better to use enterprise one as it is better secured.
    Remember that’s your company’s mails not your personal. Data is company’s property.
    Using enterprise you may also presented with additional company phone book, calendar, you may also two way sync.
    05-24-12 12:19 AM
    I would not recommend putting a personal device on BES. If your employer wants you on BES, then the company should provide the device.

What can my BES Admin see on my BlackBerry handheld ... ??? - Port3101.org : Your BES Connection
    05-24-12 12:47 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I can see the added benefits of syncing calendar and contacts. Right now i do that with the blackberry desktop manager.

And this is my personal phone. I understand your points about company security of their data. But i wouldn't want to give unnecessary control of my devise it anyone else. For now, i think i'll keep my phone as is.
    05-26-12 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD