I need to setup a pop3/imap email account on my BB 9930 but there is no where to be found where I can configure the ports. Please don't tell me there is no way this can be done. It took my niece 5 minutes on her iPhone to set it up and I've been trying to figure this out on my Blackberry for a couple hours now. Of course I want to use SSL, so that port is always different too.

Thanks
    02-10-13 03:57 PM
    Off the top of my head I can't remember the way to get into the setting, but if you enter the password for that email account wrong a few times it should take you to the advanced settings page (or it should give you an option for advanced after one wrong entry). Also, if you can get to your carriers BIS page you can set that up there, but depending on how long you have had a BlackBerry, you may not have access to that as carriers have shut that down for new users a few years back.
    02-10-13 11:37 PM
    Off the top of my head I can't remember the way to get into the setting, but if you enter the password for that email account wrong a few times it should take you to the advanced settings page (or it should give you an option for advanced after one wrong entry). Also, if you can get to your carriers BIS page you can set that up there, but depending on how long you have had a BlackBerry, you may not have access to that as carriers have shut that down for new users a few years back.
    And this is why people opt to get an iPhone I guess. Can't even get my personal POP3/IMAP email from my phone in the year 2013. Hey, at least I can make a phone call right!

After the first fail it just says input settings manually but there is no where to enter a port number or anything. Does Blackberry/RIM think the entire world uses the same email ports? I don't understand.
    02-11-13 08:49 AM
    just a question. why are you trying to allocate ports for your email?
    02-11-13 10:32 AM
    02-11-13 10:35 AM