I would like to set up Outlook on my PC to get all my Blackberry emails. I've tried entering my Blackberry account into Outlook, but it fails. Does anyone know the key to configuring it manually? Or if it is simply not possible?

My Blackberry email is ****@tmo.blackberry.net so maybe I should be posting this in the T-Mobile section?

Thanks
    01-24-12 12:58 PM
    01-24-12 01:14 PM
    Sadly you cannot do this, you can only access them on your blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Nels likes this.
    01-24-12 02:10 PM
    You need to forward them to another email address.

I never use the @att.blackberry.net email address for anything for that very reason. I find email that can only be viewed on a BlackBerry to be useless.
    01-24-12 02:27 PM

I never use the @att.blackberry.net email address for anything for that very reason. I find email that can only be viewed on a BlackBerry to be useless.
    +1... forward is your best bet though BIS.
    01-24-12 03:01 PM

I use it the other way around, have my regular email account forward a copy of all incoming messages to the blackberry address, so they get pushed to the phone instantly. Outlook still picks up messages from the regular address.
    01-24-12 03:16 PM
    you can't just use Outlook for any old email service lol

01-24-12 04:44 PM
    you can't just use Outlook for any old email service lol

I don't know - I haven't run into many that you can't !
    01-24-12 05:54 PM
    Yeah, the BIS email address provided by your carrier can only be accessed on your BlackBerry; no Outlook access, and no web access.
    01-24-12 11:23 PM
    So why use it? Security? Seems a bit optimistic. RIM is the biggest punk in the industry. They would bend over for a tin pot dictator before they gave up access to his country's market.
    01-24-12 11:32 PM
    So why use it? Security? Seems a bit optimistic. RIM is the biggest punk in the industry. They would bend over for a tin pot dictator before they gave up access to his country's market.
    Before I got BES, I used to use it over my hotmail as it was instant push. I would forward a copy of all hotmail messages to my carrier address, and then I set the BlackBerry to show my hotmail account as the return address. Not the most ideal situation, but better than waiting up to 15 minutes for hotmail to be "pushed" to the device.

I haven't used this setup in over a year, so maybe hotmail has improved since then (?).
    01-24-12 11:34 PM
    I get my Gmail pushes pretty dang quick.

Fulfilling my Crackberry addiction from my 9930 via Tapatalk
    01-25-12 12:35 AM
    gmail and yahoo and all them WILL push much better than an Exchange setup.....
    01-25-12 08:10 AM
    I use the BB email account for certain items and if there's anything important I'll forward it from my phone.
    01-25-12 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD