Please forgive my dumb questions, but I have a couple of points:

1. I'm trying to set up my Gmail on my Bold 9900. For some reason, on the inbox, it shows what's in the trash folder. Can I modify this? I don't need to see it.

2. Where can I set up a sound notification, so that my phone beeps when incoming mail is received?
    11-12-11 12:25 PM
    1. i set all my email from the operator blackberry website so why dont you try from there
    2.you can always set it from your profile (the speaker icon)

hope that help
    11-12-11 12:37 PM
    Thanks, I'll try. Is it possible to have push email on WiFi?

1. i set all my email from the operator blackberry website so why dont you try from there
    2.you can always set it from your profile (the speaker icon)

hope that help
    11-12-11 12:39 PM
    yes your email will be pushed through wifi.

you set up the sound notifications through press the speaker below the date on the screen - change sounds and alerts - sounds for selected profiles - messages notifiers.

i have gmail set up and (it's not perfect - imap isn't best on gmail) and it only ever showed what is on my gmail inbox. i think yours is showing your all mail folder which is strange. i set up all my emails through the phone's email setup.

i think from before it was more convenient to set it up via carrier website but now i think it is almost or the same as if it were done on the phone. could be wrong though.
    11-12-11 12:47 PM
    Thanks, sorted the notifications.

However, it doesn't seem to be updating my message inbox when I send myself a test email, either on Wifi or mobile data. The reconcile button doesn't seem to be responding. Any ideas?
    11-12-11 12:51 PM
    gmail via BIS don't play well together.

when you send yourself a test message from the BB using your gmail account it will not send back. (same thing for BCC to yourself). but if you send one through your computer it will be received on the blackberry.

there have been issues before about gmail and BB mail not syncing properly, but lately they have been syncing quite well for me.
    11-12-11 12:59 PM
    Ok, seems to work from my Hotmail to Gmail account.

Final problem is that trash of Gmail shows up in Bold inbox - do you know if I can filter this somehow?

Thanks.

gmail via BIS don't play well together.

when you send yourself a test message from the BB using your gmail account it will not send back. (same thing for BCC to yourself). but if you send one through your computer it will be received on the blackberry.

there have been issues before about gmail and BB mail not syncing properly, but lately they have been syncing quite well for me.
    11-12-11 01:06 PM
    Ok, seems to work from my Hotmail to Gmail account.

Final problem is that trash of Gmail shows up in Bold inbox - do you know if I can filter this somehow?

Thanks.
    On your PC, go to your Gmail settings. Click the labels button. Uncheck the box "show in IMAP" for Trash. Save your settings.
    11-12-11 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD