Hello all,
    My primary e-mail address is from my college's e-mail service, and my college hired Gmail to do it, so to sign into my @utexas.edu e-mail address I have to go to gmail.com - then I sign in, and it takes me to UTmail - which is a Google service that is VERY restricted, pretty much only e-mail (for example it won't let me set up a Youtube account with the e-mail address).
    Anyways, I was attempting to set up my my @utexas.edu e-mail address to my 9930 and it says my sign in information was incorrect. I tried it as a Gmail and as an "other" e-mail. So for the past few days I made an ACTUAL Gmail account and I'm having copies of my incoming emails forwarded to the dummy @gmail.com address and my BlackBerry is set up with that account. In the mean time I went to the IT help part of the university mail system's website looking to see if they have any answers. The FAQ says if you have a BlackBerry, to download the gmail app and just use that. I tried that and I can't seem to find the Gmail App, and that's not really the route I wanted to go anyway.

So does anyone know of any ideas on how I can get this e-mail set up with by 9930? (As it seems this e-mail address needs some kind of special intention to work, if it can work at all) Is there a setting I might need to change with the e-mail settings on gmail, or is there something I can do with my mail settings on my device?

Thanks for any ideas anyone has!
    12-17-11 07:00 PM
    you can ask you IT guys for pop3 or imap setting for you college email.
    i guess normal gmail settings won't work...
    12-17-11 07:36 PM
    I think you have to contact the IT guys there. I have @ucalgary.ca, but the my school use their own servers plus they promote Blackberry use anyway. But once, I had a Calender sync issue and I send an email to IT and they solved it. So you have to contact your school's IT department.
    robsteve likes this.
    12-17-11 08:05 PM
    Can you sign in to the VZW BIS site, add the account and push it to your device? Give that a try.

The GMail app has been discontinued by Google. There's a link to it in the 9650 forum, but it sucks.
    12-17-11 08:06 PM
    Can you sign in to the VZW BIS site, add the account and push it to your device? Give that a try.

The GMail app has been discontinued by Google. There's a link to it in the 9650 forum, but it sucks.
    You don't need the Gmail app to load emails from Google Mail servers. My @sanuja.net emails system is managed by Google Gmail system and I set it up just as any other email and it works with no issues at all. The Gmail system admin can block mobile access if they want. (Like I can block it to certain users @sanuja.net)
    12-17-11 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD