I am planning on getting the 9900 once it is released. In order to setup NFC payments will I just type my credit card information into the phone or is it something that I have to have my bank do?

Also, will remotely wiping the device delete my NFC info?
    07-26-11 12:10 PM
    I am planning on getting the 9900 once it is released. In order to setup NFC payments will I just type my credit card information into the phone or is it something that I have to have my bank do?

Also, will remotely wiping the device delete my NFC info?
    NFC will most likely work with a digital wallet since it is not just about the hardware, there has to be software that enables the NFC system to work. NFC phones will come with a preinstalled mobile application that the user will need to activate and link to a credit card. AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon are working to develop a mobile payment system, scheduled for deployment sometime in 2012 to provide an entire digital wallet to eliminate the need to carry cash, credit and debit cards, reward cards, coupons, tickets, and transit passes.

Before you can use NFC the merchant has to have NFC. The good news is that the dominant Point of Sale company, Verifone, is to include near field communication technology in all its new point-of-sale hardware. This is a major step towards widespread adoption of NFC since any merchant upgrading their terminal will automatically now have the ability to process contactless and NFC payments, and they wouldn't have to pay extra for the technology.

I don't know about wiping your device.
    07-26-11 12:51 PM
    Your carrier should support NFC in order to use it, from my understanding. Without it, I highly doubt it.

we will get more info/research into this topic in near future when it is available.
    07-26-11 01:53 PM
    I'm currently involved in a project with this in mind here in Canada. It will be launched with your financial institution and you won't input anything. Your device will be provisioned with the card in the device from them. Very secure way to do it. Cant talk much more on things since i am bound by an NDA right now. I would say if you are intrested...push your financial institution for this service. They will be the ones to do most of the work.
    07-26-11 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD