I have the 9900 on t-mobile. Soon I will be traveling to Europe, primarily England and Finland with stops in Germany and Ireland. I will need to make phone calls and texts back to the USA and email access. How can I do this? I read the 9900 has wifi calling ability. Is this correct? How will I be able to make texts and email? Will I have to get a package through t-mobile, or buy a SIM in each European country? Any apps that can help? I appreciate any pointers! Thank you!
    04-30-12 06:53 AM
    LATEST STABLE BLACKBERRY OS & SOLUTIONS - You have to manually download the OS and reinstall it yourself, follow the procedures on that website
    04-30-12 07:02 AM
    I pay T-Mobile $19.95 for a monthly access to unlimited data that I use while residing in Paris. I send and receive tons of emails at no additional cost and the $19.95 can be pro-rata for the period that you travel. I use an old BB 8320 with a French sim card and tie that French number to a toll-free 1-800 number that I have my home phone forwarded to - my home phone rings on the 8320 with no long distance charges. Even with international roaming the T-Mobile rates for regular phone calls is pretty high.

Oh for a Skype application for BB!
    04-30-12 09:30 AM
    your best bet is to get your self a 3 sim card if your phone is unlocked, top it up and use the bb services and skype to make phone calls

hope that will help you

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-30-12 11:03 AM
    I'd say Vodafone UK. Their data services are best in the UK here, near LTE speeds on my 9900... around 9 MBPS tethering.
    04-30-12 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD