I have a verizon 9930 that I recently wiped the previous .580 OS bc of an app error 104. I have since installed a fresh version of the .580 OS and when I click in the email settings to set up my email it goes to the next screen but will not let me go any further in the internet mail set up. I can click all day long and nothing happens. I have searched and searched with no answers. I have done battery pulls, reregistering on the network. Wiped and reloaded the OS 3 times now and still get the same issue. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    08-13-12 10:35 PM
    Have you tried re-sending the service book.
    08-13-12 10:43 PM
    Make sure you have your e-mail setup installed on your phone. It happened to me before as it wasn't automatically installed. Connect to the Desktop Software and click applications and make sure your e-mail setup is installed.
    Install it and then reboot.

Try again. Let me know how it goes
    08-13-12 11:01 PM
    What I have noticed after a wipe, is that the BIS establishes "0" for both the PIN and IMEI. Therefore removing the ability to access the email setup on the device. Not sure why it does this, but that's what I noticed. Contact your carrier, direct them to the BIS ADMIN PORTAL and ask them if the account shows your PIN and IMEI.
    08-14-12 02:19 AM
    Try signing into BB ID.
    08-14-12 08:16 AM
    I tried getting verizon to resend them but only got 1 out 3 back. I cannot get into the email set up to do it manually.

I think i will try seeing if the email application is not installed when i get home. I have also signed into bbid with no luck.

Thanks,
    08-14-12 11:20 AM
    Mghollan. Please let us know what you find and if you fix the problem. My bosses 9930 is doing the same thing and I have tried everything I know to fix it to no avail.
    08-14-12 06:07 PM
    I did have to go into the applications wizard through DM and the email app was pending install. Installed it and now back to normal. Hope this helps others> thanks for everyone's help
    08-14-12 07:05 PM
    Not to sound stupid but where did you see email app pending and how did you get it to install?
    08-14-12 07:10 PM
    click the Applications tab (may take a few mins to load up) on the left side of Desktop manager and i believe it was down towards the bottom of the list. If it doesn't say pending there will still be an option to install
    Hgouck likes this.
    08-14-12 08:45 PM
    I had the same problem when an installing a new OS version which didn't correctly/fully install. Glad it's fixed OP!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-15-12 12:39 AM
    I have the same problem but in desktop manager is says email is installed.
    Anything that I can do please? Should i delete email setup and reinstall
    My port numbers are wrong and I cant change them also delete sync wont work
    Thank you
    Last edited by redman8; 10-18-12 at 09:28 AM.
    10-18-12 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD