Hi all,
    I'm thinking about purchasing the Seidio Innocell 3000mAh Extended Life Battery for 9900 but I'm just wondering how much of a difference it makes compared to the standard battery that's provided when you first get the phone. I can get about 8 hours battery with the standard JM1 battery if I'm lucky so how much longer would I be able to get from the extended battery? I would appreciate it if someone who's got experience with the extended battery could tell me how long their 9900 can last on a single charge using the bigger battery. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.
    02-13-13 05:08 PM
    I have had one for 3 months or so. It is brilliant for me. I am a fairly light user and on the standard battery got through a day and some way into the next (leaving it on overnight). With the Seidio I can usually get to the end of a third day (taking it off charge at 7am on day 1), with some capacity to spare. I stress the light user bit. It has transformed the usability of the phone. On my experience, you will get more than double what you already have (which you ought to, bearing in mind it is double the capacity). For me, definitely worth it.
    02-13-13 05:20 PM
    That's good to know, do you know if Seidio are a reliable company with their products or if they have been known to have faulty products?
    02-13-13 05:32 PM
    Personally, I'd recommend purchasing a spare STANDARD battery (or 2) instead. Won't bulk up the phone, and you can purchase a cheap-as-chips battery charger from ebay that'll charge your spare battery at the same time as your stock phone. That's what I've done for months, and I dicked about with several extended aftermarket batteries before taking this route. Very happy with my choice. I get 2-3 days of light usage with my standard JM1 with light usage, and rarely need to swap out the batteries unless I'm AWOL for a few days or using heavily. Works like a charm.
    ajst222 likes this.
    02-13-13 05:56 PM
    Hi everyone,

This is a very good question!

Well I own 2 of these batteries and this is a priceless investment and no worries again about having very low to dead low battery ever again.

Yes these 2 are for the BB Bold 9900 and I have never had any use for the stock battery and trust me they just go right into the garbage bin as soon as I starting on the Seidio Innocell battery for my Bold 9900 ( these power plants are worth every dollar rest assure )

In fact I just placed a pre order for another 2 Seidio batteries for my new BB Q10

Yes Yes and Yes for sure buy 1 or perhaps 2 and rest assure you will be very pleased and these Power Plants are at the very least 4 to 5 out live a full charge from the stock BB Bold 9900 battery

Regards,
    Tom

Sent By BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk
    02-13-13 06:14 PM
    The only thing about this battery that worries me is the temperature reading. It shows a reading of 66 degrees that never changes. Because of this I went back to the regular battery which shows different readings throughout the day. Didn't want to risk phone damage with an overheated battery. I think the battery is probably defective because I've had other Seidio extended batteries in previous BB phones and never had this problem.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-13-13 09:29 PM
    The only thing about this battery that worries me is the temperature reading. It shows a reading of 66 degrees that never changes. Because of this I went back to the regular battery which shows different readings throughout the day. Didn't want to risk phone damage with an overheated battery. I think the battery is probably defective because I've had other Seidio extended batteries in previous BB phones and never had this problem.

For sure, it sounds that one of the cells is gone bad or one of the jumper solder connections within the loop inside your Seidio only got soldered with a few strands in other words when the machine was soldering on the vast production line your battery didn't get tested correctly or enough time to catch the faulty cell or the in proper soldering of the internal bus of your current Seidio battery power plant.

PS: if its under 12 months old and you can also dig up the invoice you will get a brand new one free and free shipping from Seidio Corp.

Tom

02-13-13 10:04 PM
    Personally, I'd recommend purchasing a spare STANDARD battery (or 2) instead. Won't bulk up the phone, and you can purchase a cheap-as-chips battery charger from ebay that'll charge your spare battery at the same time as your stock phone. That's what I've done for months, and I dicked about with several extended aftermarket batteries before taking this route. Very happy with my choice. I get 2-3 days of light usage with my standard JM1 with light usage, and rarely need to swap out the batteries unless I'm AWOL for a few days or using heavily. Works like a charm.
    I'm totally with this fellow, but i'm odd if not outright goofy perhaps. I have a fondness for my 'Berrys and therefore choose to not use third party parts or accessories. I use a RIM OEM car charger, home chargers, dock, holster etc. Naturally, if you're like most of the free world and just don't care, the advantages of a higher maH battery should be obvious. If you have even the slightest doubts about third party stuff, why bother with it then? As much stuff as I have going on on my BlackBerry, my JM1 gets thru an 8-12 hour day with plenty of battery to spare (I rarely use WiFi and do not use Bluetooth), I have never had to switch batteries but do it once in a while to keep the backup fresh.

There be my two cents
    If you are OK with 3rd party, go for it. If not, having a pair of OEM batteries won't let you down either.
    02-14-13 04:45 AM
    Thanks to everyone for replying. Talking about the battery overheating, Is it common to get faulty products from seidio or would this be a one-off rare unlucky buy?
    02-14-13 05:51 AM
    Thanks to everyone for replying. Talking about the battery overheating, Is it common to get faulty products from seidio or would this be a one-off rare unlucky buy?
    Goodmorning and yes it sounds like you got a defected battery, and if its under a year old and you have all the invoice paper work Seidio will ship you out a brand new one ASAP

PS: You require the Invoice paper work and make sure your within the year and they will be pleased to ship you a brand new working Seidio Power Plant this time around...

Link: SEIDIO | Smarter Mobile Accessories

Tom
    02-14-13 07:11 AM
    For sure, it sounds that one of the cells is gone bad or one of the jumper solder connections within the loop inside your Seidio only got soldered with a few strands in other words when the machine was soldering on the vast production line your battery didn't get tested correctly or enough time to catch the faulty cell or the in proper soldering of the internal bus of your current Seidio battery power plant.

PS: if its under 12 months old and you can also dig up the invoice you will get a brand new one free and free shipping from Seidio Corp.

Tom

Thanks Tom for the information. I've had it longer than a year. It works great with the exception of that temperature flaw. I should've addressed that sooner...

02-14-13 03:37 PM
    Thanks Tom for the information. I've had it longer than a year. It works great with the exception of that temperature flaw. I should've addressed that sooner...

Your most welcome and just keep an eye on that hi temp Seidio Power plant if it gets any higher or hotter please toss it in the garbage in case it leaks and then your in trouble and the leak will destroy your BB

All the best!

Tom

02-14-13 09:17 PM
    Your most welcome and just keep an eye on that hi temp Seidio Power plant if it gets any higher or hotter please toss it in the garbage in case it leaks and then your in trouble and the leak will destroy your BB

All the best!

Tom

I rechecked and discovered that my battery purchase date was June 2012. I emailed Seidio, sent them the receipt, and explained the problem.( Thanks to you ) By the way I discontinued using that battery about a month ago....

02-15-13 01:03 AM
    Is the high temperature reading problem quite common with this extended battery?
    02-15-13 08:41 AM
    Is the high temperature reading problem quite common with this extended battery?
    No one mentioned a high temperature reading. Mine just showed a constant reading of 66 degrees....

02-15-13 08:49 AM

Tom

This is Seidio's response......Thank you for contacting Seidioonline.com. If the battery's temperature stays at a constant rate, this is not considered a defect. If it spikes to a high temperature which makes it unsafe to hold, that would indicate a defect in the product.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 832-204-1118.

02-15-13 09:02 AM
    So other that the high temperature reading, Are there any known problems with these extended batteries?... The only reason I'm asking is because I live in the UK so it will be a pain if I got a defective one and had to send it back.
    02-15-13 09:08 AM
    So other that the high temperature reading, Are there any known problems with these extended batteries?... The only reason I'm asking is because I live in the UK so it will be a pain if I got a defective one and had to send it back.
    It doesn't have high temperature readings. My problem is the showing of the same temperature reading all the time. Why is that so hard to understand???

02-15-13 09:53 PM
    Sorry, I didn't mean it had a high temperature reading problem, I meant the fact that the temperature reading doesn't change, my mistake. So apart from the fact that the battery temperature doesn't change is there any known problems or faults with these extended batteries?
    02-16-13 03:14 PM
    Sorry, I didn't mean it had a high temperature reading problem, I meant the fact that the temperature reading doesn't change, my mistake. So apart from the fact that the battery temperature doesn't change is there any known problems or faults with these extended batteries?
    Actually it's a great working battery. It seems that I'm the only one who checks the battery temp reading....

02-17-13 12:14 AM
    Hi all,
    I'm thinking about purchasing the Seidio Innocell 3000mAh Extended Life Battery for 9900 but I'm just wondering how much of a difference it makes compared to the standard battery that's provided when you first get the phone. I can get about 8 hours battery with the standard JM1 battery if I'm lucky so how much longer would I be able to get from the extended battery? I would appreciate it if someone who's got experience with the extended battery could tell me how long their 9900 can last on a single charge using the bigger battery. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.
    Just get a spare battery. That Seidio battery has got to be one the fugliest things I've ever seen.
    Last edited by bimmerdriver; 02-18-13 at 12:38 PM.
    02-17-13 02:30 PM
    Well everyone seems to be saying that the extended battery is worth the money. Are seidio quite a good company when it comes to the quality of their products or have they been known to sell faulty products?
    02-17-13 02:55 PM
    Just get a spare battery. That Seidio battery has got to be one the fugliest things I've every seen.
    I'm not really bothered what my 9900 looks like as long as it has a longer battery life which is what the Seidio battery gives.
    02-17-13 02:57 PM
    I have a Seidio Active case and charging dock. They have worked flawlessly.

02-17-13 04:26 PM
    Just get a spare battery. That Seidio battery has got to be one the fugliest things I've every seen.
    That's All I have ever run in all of my Wireless Devices thumb up for Seidio for their very nice Power Plants.

I have used Seidio batteries for over the last 5 years with BlackBerrys and also other Smartphones and I never had one issue with any of these Seidio replacement batteries and just really love the fact that you don't have to charge these power plants up every day as a matter of fact every 3 days to 5 days with normal to heavy use on your wireless device and to me its worth spending the extra cost on getting 1 or 2 of these power plants from Seidio

Tom

02-18-13 12:31 PM
32 12