It's been quite some time since his phone was release and nothing from Sedio. I don't trust aftermarket batteries and have always loved what Sedio makes in regards to extended batteries. What's the deal? Are they just not goin to make one for the 9900/9930?
    02-29-12 07:21 AM
    You can always try contacting Sedio(sic)
    02-29-12 07:31 AM
    I thought that someone HAD contacted Sedio and they confirmed that they were NOT going to make a battery for the 99xx
    02-29-12 07:41 AM
    Yeah from what i have seen/heard they weren't going to make any battery for us soon.
    You can always try to contact them again and knock yourself out.
    02-29-12 07:49 AM
    It's been quite some time since his phone was release and nothing from Sedio. I don't trust aftermarket batteries and have always loved what Sedio makes in regards to extended batteries. What's the deal? Are they just not goin to make one for the 9900/9930?
    No, they are not going to make one. No one is AFAIK. That's what's been reported. We are stuck with swapping out our reg batteries if we want more power.
    02-29-12 07:51 AM
    I know the battery is not the greatest but it only takes less than a hour to fully charge the phone and that's not bad. I like the size and feel of the bold the way it is and I don't think I would like an extended battery.
    When I am at my desk I drop it in the cradle or in my car I have a charger so really no battery worries for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-29-12 08:13 AM
    Seidio posted on its facebook page that they're not going to make a battery for 9900/9930.
    02-29-12 08:17 AM
    They have repeatedly said no to an extended 9900/9930 battery

The way 7.1.0.267 performs, who needs one anyway.
    02-29-12 08:19 AM

People who want longer battery life.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-29-12 08:24 AM

Are you kidding? Battery life with the 9900 is why by no means terrible, it is still a major drawback of the phone (check the billion threads regarding this). Sedio makes great extended batteries and they can keep the phone charged a full day with heavy usage (which is what I need).

Anyways, sucks they aren't making one, thanks for the info.
    02-29-12 08:48 AM
    So if they won't make a battery...the next question is why? Have they reached a deal with RIM?
    02-29-12 08:56 AM
    So if they won't make a battery...the next question is why? Have they reached a deal with RIM?
    I have seen quotes from Seido in other threads stating that RIM will not provide them with the JM1 codes and this is why they will not produce a battery.
    02-29-12 09:02 AM
    I know the battery is not the greatest but it only takes less than a hour to fully charge the phone and that's not bad. I like the size and feel of the bold the way it is and I don't think I would like an extended battery.
    When I am at my desk I drop it in the cradle or in my car I have a charger so really no battery worries for me.

Same here. I drop it in a cradle wherever I am. If I'm out and about, I have an extra battery with me in case the car charger is not accessible (if I'm in someone else's car, for example). So it's all good. And I, too, love the sleek shape and size of the phone.
    02-29-12 09:25 AM
    I also carry a 3G galaxy tab with me so when I need more power for a longer period of time I use the galaxy. I would of purchased the PlayBook if there was a 3 G model out there.

02-29-12 10:27 AM
    If some people need to keep a spare battery, then they are probably the same ones who would not mind an extended battery. Some people use a case that is not always made to be popped open so you can swap batteries easily.
    02-29-12 11:19 AM
    Seidio came out with something else and CB Blogs has a page about it. It's called Charging Vault. I believe Kevin made a video about it too.I have their product.
    Last edited by calicocat2010; 02-29-12 at 11:40 AM.
    02-29-12 11:21 AM
    If some people need to keep a spare battery, then they are probably the same ones who would not mind an extended battery. Some people use a case that is not always made to be popped open so you can swap batteries easily.
    Yes, that's what I do. My case is a Dicota case, a stiffer silicone, plasticky like case. Like a Barely There. So I can slip it on and off at will.
    02-29-12 01:37 PM
    I never complain about battery life since I got the extended battery and use battery saving mode when it drops below 30%. I also use the external charger which I paid $2.62 from ebay the day day as when I got my 9700's extended battery. I just had to slightly bend the pins so it would make contact with either battery in threw inside it. (The external charger takes MS-1 and JM-1).
    02-29-12 03:54 PM
    I thought that someone HAD contacted Sedio and they confirmed that they were NOT going to make a battery for the 99xx
    Yeah, that was me. From Seidio's Jan 3 facebook post:

Hello everyone - I promised to update everyone on the BB 9900/9930 battery as soon as I got word, so here it is - we will NOT be developing the BlackBerry 9900/9930 extended battery! We understand that there has been a demand for this product, but due to some technical obstacles in developing this specific battery, we have decided against it.

From a comment in that same post:

Sorry about this guys, BB develops codes in their batteries that make it hard to duplicate. We completely understand the demand but it is just not do-able.
    02-29-12 04:56 PM
    No, they are not going to make one. No one is AFAIK. That's what's been reported. We are stuck with swapping out our reg batteries if we want more power.
    I emailed them and they sent me an email back saying they are sorry that they do not have any plans to make extended battery for the Bold 9900 at this time.
    02-29-12 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD