Hi guys,
    My BB9900's screen was spoilt (only half the screen is working/viewable).
    I sent it in for repair to the BlackBerry Service Center.

Right before I did, I did a security wipe from the BBID screen by selecting "Sign Out"
    Does this also wipe all my media files or does it not? (like Camera Pictures, Photos received from Whatsapp, BBM)

Also, is there anyway to check the contents of the backup file from Desktop Manager?
    01-15-13 03:46 AM
    I wasn't aware you could perform a Security Wipe from the BBID screen, as I certainly don't have that option on my phone.
    The Security Wipe feature is commonly accessed from the Security screen, and that only removes your email accounts, contacts etc. and all your personal data/settings. There are also options to remove all your user installed applications, and everything from your media card (but not from the device media). If these options are not checked, then your media is not affected by the wipe.
    A standard backup using Desktop Manager will not back up your media, or your 3rd party applications. It only backs up your data, settings, messages, contacts, calendar entries etc. You can find this file on your PC, but I don't believe there is a way to check it's content.
    01-15-13 10:00 AM
    It *might* well wipe everything media, ring tones the lot... I'm not 100% sure...

I had a BES problem and had to reset & wipe my phone - lost everything.

Pics, videos etc you can bakup using 'media sync' in desktop manager
    If your DM backup files are .bbb files, then take a copy, rename it .zip and you should be able to open it and look at whats inside.

Also depends if you had a memory card installed - if you did and your default media location is the card you should be ok, if it was the device it may be gone. Ditto to any whatsapp, and BBM chat history.
    01-15-13 11:30 AM