I upgraded to a 9900 at the end of August, and initially, I had no problems.

However, within the past two weeks, I have been getting certificate problems: "The security of this connection cannot be verified." These problems only occur when I'm at a location that has a wifi network that I have to sign into: it doesn't happen when I'm at home with my own network or with others that I don't need to sign into (e.g., Shaw Exo Wifi).

Back to the problem: When I press "continue," things seem to be okay, the phone functions for a time, but I'm getting a screen freeze after a short period. The trackpad won't work, and neither will the keypad. However, I still can switch between running applications using the BlackBerry button: oddly, in that screen, the trackpad WILL work. After switching to a different app, the freeze continues.

I've tried wiping the OS using BBSAK (twice already), and I've tried re-installing the OS, as per instructions on Crackberry (hey, thanks, Crackberry, by the way!). I've reinstalled my third-party apps each time, though. Nothing has so far helped.

I'm going to try resetting the phone to default through DM, and then not installing any third-party apps at all to see if it happens again. If it does, I'm going to try to get it replaced through Rogers.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? In my searches on the Crackberry forums, it appears that this has happened to other people, but there seem to be no solutions.

HELP! Please ... :-)
    09-24-12 06:33 PM
    This started happening to me also. Only on one site. I have used this site for many years and never had a problem. Its says certificate expired. This sux. It is a good site and many people use it. Have pulled battery and it makes no difference
    Last edited by travaz; 11-10-12 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Additional info
    11-10-12 10:18 PM
    Given that it only happens at hotspots, it may not even be related to the phone. What if its the network you're on? You said yourself that it usually works on other networks. This may not help you, but I personally use the escreen to kill unresponsive apps. Never used it for the browser though
    11-11-12 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD