I am having problems with my Bold 9900, OS 7.0.0250, bundle 1315, and the sdmicro memory cards. Sometimes when I do a battery pull I will get a message that the media card is not installed. Other times when downloading or saving data to the media cards I will lose the connection to the card and have to do a battery pull, It does not make any difference what size card is installed in the phone. Does anyone know what the problem might be and how I can resolve it ? I just ran into the problem of the phone not recognizing my 32gb card, so I removed it, transfered all the files onto my computer. Reinserted the card into the phone and formatted it then copied the files from the computer back onto the card and it works fine now. I am stumped on why the phone will stop recognizing the media card every once in awhile, any insight would be appreciated.
    02-04-12 07:32 PM
    My original 9930 before being replaced was really picky about how far the card was pushed in. I had to push it in all the way, then pull it back out about 1/8 of an inch. Try relocating it and seee how it reads. Best of luck!
    02-04-12 07:42 PM
    I also noticed that the card can go in too far. Just push it in until you feel it meet some resistance. If you push a bit further I think it may be going past where the pins align. It almost feels like the stop at the back is not big enough and you can jump the stop.
    02-04-12 07:54 PM
    My original 9930 before being replaced was really picky about how far the card was pushed in. I had to push it in all the way, then pull it back out about 1/8 of an inch. Try
    relocating it and seee how it reads. Best of luck!
    Thanks for your response. However I don't think it has to do with how the card is situated. The card will work fine and then suddenly not be recognized, it had not been moved or removed unless I have to copy the files to my computer, the phone just suddenly stops recognizing the card while it's in the slot.
    02-04-12 09:00 PM
    Are you using the 9700? If so you're in the wrong forum.
    02-05-12 12:22 AM
    No, Bold 9900, OS 7.0.0.250
    02-05-12 01:26 AM
    I had the exact same problem !!! Frustrated me for a long time to because everytime I did a battery pull, all my files would diseapear or the card would not be recognized ! I had bought a lower brand name 32 gb micro sd from the brand transcend. I felt it was slow &not working very well so I bought a new card, this time with the trusted "PNY" name & I haven't had any problems since. I know it may sound weird but that honestly fixed my problem !!!
    02-05-12 01:56 AM
    Pulling the battery is like removing a usb stick from a computer without disconnecting/ejecting it first. It will likely cause corruption of the file system. When the card is corrupted, it will behave this way. Sometimes the device will ask for repair and sometimes it won't even see the card. This will also contribute to long boot up times as the device scans the card when it is "dirty".

If you take the card out and run chkdsk in windows it will fix the errors and you should be good to go.
    02-05-12 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD