I have an employee who carries a 9930. She checks trail cams monitoring a goat herd. Trail cam saves pics to an SD card. She wants to know if there's a way to transfer the trail cam pics from the SD card to the BB 9930 in the field without carrying a PC.

I've never heard of a card reader that would work with a BB, but before I tell her "no," I'd thought I'd ask. Any other solution ideas will be appreciated!

Thanks!!!
    05-22-14 07:50 AM
    Wait, the 9930 doesn't have an sd slot?

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 08:11 AM
    Wait, the 9930 doesn't have an sd slot?

Posted via CB10
    I'm 99% sure the SD on the camera is bigger!
    One thing she could do is buy an adapter for her Bold's existing Micro SD, so she's able to just swap them.
    05-22-14 08:16 AM
    The trailcams i'm familiar with use full sized SD cards but they'll accept micro-SD cards with the adapter. The micro should work in her 9930. Problem is, I've never even attempted to pull the microSD card from my 9930 without first removing the battery. If waiting on re-boot doesn't stress her patience, that would be a possible option. Another option might be to use eye-fi SD cards that would make the photos available over wifi. Last i heard, however, eye-fi didn't have a BlackBerry app for that. That's been a couple years, so... never know what new might be there... ??? We used eye-fi cards as a short term solution for data archiving some industrial processes a few years ago. Just carried a laptop around and the "photo" data auto uploaded itself onto the laptop. It only worked for photos, as i recall, but we easily transformed this particular data into jpeg.
    05-22-14 05:28 PM