Hoping someone else has experienced this and has found a solution. My Bold 9900 has started periodically scrolling down uncontrollably. Even if nothing is touching the screen or the trackpad. The only way I can get it to stop is by pulling the battery. It's now happening 2 or 3 times a week and it's incredibly annoying. Is my trackpad broken/loose/possessed? Could it be caused by my OEM leather pouch being too tight? My phone is less than 4 months old and has had no other issues. (It was made in Mexico...I have read on CB that these models sometimes have worse build quality.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    03-12-12 11:27 PM
    First, what version of the OS is on your phone?

Does this occur in sunlight only? I had a similar problem with my first 9900 and had it exchanged. New one is OK. Sunlight was interfering with the trackpad. Apparently this has been somewhat of a known issue with the optical trackpad.

You can try to lightly wipe your trackpad/screen to make sure there's nothing bonded to the surface that could be causing this problem. Be careful to to rub too hard as you can scratch the plastic.
    PieBoyBulldog likes this.
    03-13-12 12:24 AM
    I am running the leaked OS 7.1 v267

The sunlight idea is definitely an interesting one. It has definitely occurred outside multiple times, but I feel like it has happened inside too. I must admit i don't know for sure. I will have to take notes.

If this is the issue, anyone have any brilliant tactics for getting ATT to exchange it?
    03-13-12 12:39 AM
    I am running the leaked OS 7.1 v267

The sunlight idea is definitely an interesting one. It has definitely occurred outside multiple times, but I feel like it has happened inside too. I must admit i don't know for sure. I will have to take notes.

If this is the issue, anyone have any brilliant tactics for getting ATT to exchange it?

They may want you to revert to their latest official OS from AT&T. And if the issue doesn't occur, then there's your fix in their eyes. But with it on a leaked, and if they notice that, you may have a hard time getting it warranty replaced until you can have that same issue show up on their supported OS.
    03-13-12 12:43 AM
    My first 9900 had the same issue within the first month no matter whether I was indoor or outside. Eventually I had it replaced through warranty. Better do it as early as possible.
    I believe it is a hardware defect.
    Good luck.
    03-13-12 01:16 AM
    Hoping someone else has experienced this and has found a solution. My Bold 9900 has started periodically scrolling down uncontrollably. Even if nothing is touching the screen or the trackpad. The only way I can get it to stop is by pulling the battery. It's now happening 2 or 3 times a week and it's incredibly annoying. Is my trackpad broken/loose/possessed? Could it be caused by my OEM leather pouch being too tight? My phone is less than 4 months old and has had no other issues. (It was made in Mexico...I have read on CB that these models sometimes have worse build quality.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    My 1st BOLD 9930 OS7.0 from Verizon did this, I returned it through warranty & got another one. The NEW one has the same issue!! Until now, I haven't heard of ANYONE else having this issue so I thought it was just badluck & have been trying to change my WiFi options, Networks, apps & even upgraded to the Official 7.1 OS but have had no luck! I'm soo sick of it that I have actually been tossing the idea around of upgrading to something other than the BB10 but I can not allow myself to do that. I'm too much of a BB fan. Now that I hear its not just my phone, I don't know what to do other than call Verizon maybe, although they probably won't do anything for me either.
    05-29-13 01:17 PM
    My 1st BOLD 9930 OS7.0 from Verizon did this, I returned it through warranty & got another one. The NEW one has the same issue!! Until now, I haven't heard of ANYONE else having this issue so I thought it was just badluck & have been trying to change my WiFi options, Networks, apps & even upgraded to the Official 7.1 OS but have had no luck! I'm soo sick of it that I have actually been tossing the idea around of upgrading to something other than the BB10 but I can not allow myself to do that. I'm too much of a BB fan. Now that I hear its not just my phone, I don't know what to do other than call Verizon maybe, although they probably won't do anything for me either.
    I should mention that I've had this particular phone for about a year or so, the whole time thinking it was just bad luck with a defective wifi network!
    05-29-13 01:20 PM
    OP, this is a hardware issue. get it exchanged, full stop.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-29-13 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD