Hey guys any help on some screws being worn out on my 9930? I was trying to replaced a damaged keyboard and the 2 screws that hold the keyboard down are worn from my t5 screwdriver and I dont know how to re tighten them...

HELP!!

Thanks
    10-01-11 06:32 PM
    You can try a larger T screw driver to help grip it. But I would try and take them back out and get yourself a new set to place back in.

What happened with the keyboard?
    10-01-11 06:34 PM
    you could always get screws for the Bold 9000 and file them down if they are too long. my guess is they would fit perfectly given the dimensions of both phones. they are also T5. dont reinstall stripped screws. thats sloppy work and rookie stuff.

Blackberry Bold 9000 Torx T5 Screws - 6 pcs
    10-01-11 06:41 PM
    thx guys now i got another problem, turns out i bent one of the keyboard connector pins on the motherboard and now half my keyboard wont work....what do i do now?
    10-01-11 07:58 PM
    first off, the keypads on these phones are just plastic overlays. the actual keyboard is built into the PCB. which part did you replace. the keyboard doesnt have a connector pin that attaches it to the board. im not quite following what you replaced, and im very familiar with these phones internals and assembly/disassembly.

if its anything like the 97xx series, the keypad hooks in under the LCD and then 2 screws hold it down on the bottom of the phone. there are no electrical connections made.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 10-01-11 at 08:25 PM.
    10-01-11 08:23 PM
    actually youtube bold 9900 dissembley video and you will see that the keyboard connects to pins now.
    10-01-11 08:28 PM
    actually youtube bold 9900 dissembley video and you will see that the keyboard connects to pins now.
    i see no pins on this.

10-01-11 08:33 PM
    im talking about the cable from the keyboard that goes into the connector pins on the motherboard...the pin on the motherboard is bent and idk what to do now
    10-01-11 08:37 PM
    i see what you are talking about now, this phone is built differently than previous models. your best bet is to try to straighten the pins with a small needle or something if they are obviously bent out of shape and not connecting properly.

looks like they designed it where the one section of circuit board floats under the keypad, which is weird. yea my best guess it to try to straighten the metal connectors out carefully to realign them.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 10-01-11 at 08:48 PM.
    10-01-11 08:45 PM
    yea no luck with that...my phone is pretty much DONE...and since the white sticker on the screw is gone verizon probably wont grant me a warranty replacement if i tell them my keyboard stopped working
    10-01-11 08:57 PM
    As long as the pins are not borken its maybe not too late.I would recommand not to panic and not to keep trying for urself.

On monday go to a tech store of your trust or also watchmaker and ask him to do it for you.

Same goes for ur worn out screws a watchmaker might be able to help you with it.
    10-01-11 09:41 PM
    Your best bet is to fix that pin... unless you know how to replace the entire connection port itself from the mother board, your phones toast.
    10-01-11 09:47 PM
    i see no pins on this.

Click to view quoted image
    Hey man 1 little help I would like to replace that piece on my phone but when I took out the keyboards its all together Keyboard Keypad Trackpad how to separe the keyboard from the keypad and leaving the trackpad lol? thnaks
    10-01-11 09:50 PM
    As far as i know the keypad buttons and trackpad a separated parts... so technically you could take off the buttons and only exchange them or the lower part of the keyboard.

But im not 100% sure of that and also never did it... but the keypad buttons you can buy online ... whitout the backlight and trackpad.
    10-01-11 09:56 PM
    yea about 2 pins actually came off the motherboard so I have no idea what to do now...Im in shock i cant believe it, i am locked into a 2 yr contract and i just got the phone
    10-01-11 11:11 PM
    You fracked up there i guess.

Now i would try to get a motherboard replacement somewhere online... if you cant find one just contact a supplier like Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories,iPhone Accessories & HTC Accessories wholesale Co. and ask them if they sell you a motherboard.

Or you ask a BB repair shop and explain to them and maybe they will do a repair for you.

I dont think you are the first one who screw his BB while modifying it ... so bear up!
    10-02-11 12:06 AM
    You fracked up there i guess.
    yup, basically true lol. the part you need isnt available yet as far as i can find.
    10-02-11 12:21 AM
    But dont panic sooner or later the parts will be available... but for sometime you might have to live without your new phone.

just imagin you are on AT&T and waiting for the 9900 :P
    10-02-11 12:49 AM
    a motherboard will cost 200+...that is better than the 500 for a new phone but still a pain in the *** and who knows when parts will be available
    10-02-11 12:56 AM
    Maybe a better option is to ask a repair shop.
    And if you buy the motherboard just remember to get a 9930 one and not 9900.
    10-02-11 01:08 AM
    sorry to hear that, but why you was messing with your new phone anyway ? You just supposed to go to Verizon and replace it, No?
    10-02-11 01:10 AM
    sorry to hear that, but why you was messing with your new phone anyway ? You just supposed to go to Verizon and replace it, No?
    thats what he shouldve done.
    10-02-11 01:11 AM
    thats what he shouldve done.
    my dad use to telling me "Nobody can hurt you more then You do for yourself"
    10-02-11 01:16 AM
    i was trying to replace the keyboard that i broke when i dropped the phone..when i went to snap back in the keyboard connector i broke off 2 pins on the motherboard..and since i voided the warranty on my phone because that white sticker isnt there anymore I dont know what to do...I would like some honest answers here guys, I really dont see how some people can joke in a situation like this that i am going thru...thank you to those who offer advice.
    10-02-11 01:24 AM
    i was trying to replace the keyboard that i broke when i dropped the phone..when i went to snap back in the keyboard connector i broke off 2 pins on the motherboard..and since i voided the warranty on my phone because that white sticker isnt there anymore I dont know what to do...I would like some honest answers here guys, I really dont see how some people can joke in a situation like this that i am going thru...thank you to those who offer advice.
    i gave you the most honest answers i could in both of your threads. lets review.....

1.) i told you that you can try to bend the pieces back, you stated you broke them
    2.) i told you that you can wait until parts become more readily available in order to fix the phone properly
    3.) i told you NOT to try to get a warranty replacement, as this phone doesnt meet the warranty guidelines since you took the phone apart. it should be covered under insurance, if you pay for it.
    4.) i told you shouldnt be messing with the phone if you arent 100% sure you can do it properly. you may have been able to get it warrantied if you never disassembled it.

we already gave you every answer and covered every possible solution to your problem. i dont see what your issue is.
    10-02-11 01:50 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD