Sick of waiting for Bell for any updates, just loaded leaked .267 on, we'll see how that works. Not that there was anything wrong, but better battery life and hotspot can't hurt. Anyone else on bell running this?
    03-03-12 10:59 AM
    I am, and its the most stable os7.1 ive ran so far.
    Battery life is pretty good
    03-03-12 12:35 PM
    I am and I have two problems:

1) Visual voice mail is not working. I went through everything with their support representatives and their support engineers, then they discovered I was running this OS and they were very unhappy with me and said this is why my visual voice mail isn't working. (I'm not sure if what they say is true)

2) Battery life is terrible but I made the mistake of upgrading to 7.1 as soon as I bought my phone last weekend so I can't say how it is with stock firmware, which I should have tried first, so maybe it's the phone itself that can only go for a day on a full charge. My 9760 went for a week before it ran out of power.

3) It's perfectly stable.
    03-03-12 01:45 PM
    Battery life is terrible but I made the mistake of upgrading to 7.1 as soon as I bought my phone last weekend so I can't say how it is with stock firmware,
    I don't think you made a mistake by moving from stock to 7.1.0.267 as I too did the same 10 days back.

You'll need to calibrate the battery by making the phone use up all the juice till it actually shuts itself off. Then, plug in the charger till you get green led indicating Full-charge.

Once or twice of this and see how your battery life improves. Don't charge the phone in-between.
    03-03-12 02:35 PM
    I used the Bell software load for a month or 2 so will be interesting to see how it compares. Was easy to load,tutorials on here are very helpful
    03-03-12 09:27 PM
    One error on this build that I experience is that if you choose the lowest backlight setting, every time the phone reboot, it will be increased to 100%. To avoid this, make sure you place the backlight to 20 instead of the lower setting.

I didn't wait for Telus either. This is my second leaked on this Bold. All the best!
    03-03-12 10:27 PM
    Once or twice of this and see how your battery life improves. Don't charge the phone in-between.
    I found the battery trends option (cool!) and initially I had a drain rate of 2.7%. After fully draining the phone then recharging, my drain rate is 2.83%.

This doesn't seem like a significant difference and basically, I'm getting a day and a half of charge on .267 on a 9900 using a lot of bluetooth, BBM'ing, checking about 12 emails and about a half hour of phone conversations.

Is that normal?
    03-06-12 11:45 AM
    Is that normal?

You are doing great !!
    03-06-12 11:47 AM
    One error on this build that I experience is that if you choose the lowest backlight setting, every time the phone reboot, it will be increased to 100%. To avoid this, make sure you place the backlight to 20 instead of the lower setting.

I didn't wait for Telus either. This is my second leaked on this Bold. All the best!
    I saw the backlight issue lingering around. Is it specific to the 9900? It is not present on my 9930.
    03-06-12 12:36 PM
    I saw the backlight issue lingering around. Is it specific to the 9900? It is not present on my 9930.
    When I first downloaded the .267 I indeed noticed the same issue. I had my backlight set to 10 and after a reset it went right up to I believe 70. I found the fix (on a blog search), which is just to set your battery to 20 and it won't change it back to 70 after a restart.
    03-06-12 04:20 PM

I don't have that issue - I'm at 10% with or without auto dimming and it never moves unless I change it. That's with a reboot or battery pull...
    03-06-12 05:54 PM
    You'll need to calibrate the battery by making the phone use up all the juice till it actually shuts itself off. Then, plug in the charger till you get green led indicating Full-charge.
    Calibrate the battery??????

Lithium Ion Batteries do not need calibration!!! Infact, they perform best when they are topped off (charged) and letting them drain below the 10% is actually dangerous and can harm your battery!

Audio Engineer.....ROFL

Now there is another point..what the OP needs to do is let the battery settle in....and it does that automatically within 2 to 3 days......just use the phone and stop looking at the battery for 3 days....

If things don't improve then you can check which apps are constantly updating such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. and perhaps decrease the update intervals.

I personally set my update intervals for those apps to manual, you will still get notified if you receive any message or someone adds you on facebook as those are sent through PUSH notifications.

the update intervals is for the FEEDS only
    Last edited by G73S; 03-06-12 at 07:00 PM.
    03-06-12 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD