Hi, I have a 9900 and whenever I make a call the screen fades and turns black like it is turned off and then when I end the call thats the time it turns back to normal with the screen. It only happens when I make a call. Anyone knows how to fix this? I have reloaded os from Rogers twice and still the same problem it did not have this problem before. Thank you in advance for anyone who can maybe help to solve this issue
    11-20-11 07:13 PM
    Its the proximity sensor. It turns off the screen when it senses your head during a phonecall so you don't press anything on the screen unintentionally.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-11 07:24 PM
    Seems like your having the same problem I'm having with vzw .374. I can see the sensor flash but screen stays black. I tried reloading os and no luck. I reverted back a release. Hopefully someone has a fix.

Hi, I have a 9900 and whenever I make a call the screen fades and turns black like it is turned off and then when I end the call thats the time it turns back to normal with the screen. It only happens when I make a call. Anyone knows how to fix this? I have reloaded os from Rogers twice and still the same problem it did not have this problem before. Thank you in advance for anyone who can maybe help to solve this issue

Last edited by Nick Jacobs; 11-20-11 at 07:29 PM.
    11-20-11 07:27 PM
    yes, i just press the call button then the screen turns black slowly and wont light up to see the speaker phone option and others. I have to press the end call button for the screen to light up again. Same thing when I receive a call when i press the answer button the screen turns black slowly till you end the call then the screen lights up again.
    11-20-11 07:28 PM
    O.k,

Check your screen protector, mine was a little bit dirty so I peeled it back try to make a call and it worked so hopefully yours is an easy fix aswell
    01-10-12 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD