Hello,

I bought Bold 9900 and I am facing issue that when I dial a number the screen / keypad turns off and does'nt works at all. Only the Red Button (Button to End Call) works and it disconnects the call.

Is this a software related issue or hardware related ?

Please help.

Thanks.
    09-25-11 01:00 AM
    Is it turning off while making the phone call? Its suppose to do that though it should turn back on after you pull the phone away from your ear. Try installing your OS
    09-25-11 01:08 AM
    Is it turning off while making the phone call? Its suppose to do that though it should turn back on after you pull the phone away from your ear. Try installing your OS
    Hi,

Yes it turns off while making the phone call. But it does'nt comes back when I pull it away from my ear. I am downloading the latest version of OS, i hope it fixes the issue. I will update.

Thanks.
    09-25-11 01:24 AM
    I believe this to be a feature, not a bug.
    The screen is a touchscreen so it shuts off when you call so that you ear doesn't hit the screen and mash options on screen while you're on your call. If you are using the speakerphone or browsing while on call, simply press a button and the screen will come back on.
    09-25-11 03:53 AM
    The Proximity Sensor on your phone may obstructed in some way. If your screen is smudged or dirty the proximity sensor will think that the phone is at your face.

Try whiping it off with your cleaning cloth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-11 09:22 AM
    I have the same issue, but when i plug in a headset the screen comes back on... this my 2nd bold, my last one had the weird issue with trackpad moving on its own.. I hope this is just a OS issue....
    09-25-11 10:48 AM
    .. I use a bluetooth headset and can still do whatever i'm doing on the bb like reading emails or writing on the memopad.. Cannot use BBM or surf the net while on the phone because I don't get the 3G or EDGE signal while making a call, usually it drps to GSM or edge... but never had a complete screens shut down / blackout...
    09-25-11 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD