if I am not mistaken the droid pro has a 2.8" screen and that doesnt work well in my opinion. Some may love it. I tried the droid pro for 2 weeks and hated it.
    You are probably looking at this from the wrong perspective, while the touch screen probably isn't big enough if its compared with other form factors that isn't the point of it.

What you have with this device is basically the biggest screen they can fit into a very successful form factor for them, the touchscreen is going to be there to use when it enhances your interaction with the device rather than being the sole means of using it.
    03-18-11 03:56 AM
    There really shouldn't be half of a topic dedicated to a hater, okay we get it, you dislike what has happened to you in your past and you have the right to say what you want, but you know what sucks about getting older and becoming more mature? Now that those popular cheerleaders are pregnant, fat, and going no where in life with their 2 kids, you look like a fool making fun of them now. If you really have disliked your past then learn from it and move on, don't try to ruin others future experiences, just find another better one. IF you really hate RIM for what they did to you and your years of crappy phone usage you can never get back, sell the phone on craigslist, go to android, nokia, iphone and move on...

I for one feel the screen has hit the perfect size and now that I hear its screen will be slightly bigger than the 9000 I am very happy. I went back to using my 9000 a bit and noticed it was a tad small to touch, so these extra .2 in screen size, and the sharper resolution will be great.
    Oh boy I bet that .2 in extra screen size makes a huge difference............not.
    03-18-11 07:10 AM
    You are probably looking at this from the wrong perspective, while the touch screen probably isn't big enough if its compared with other form factors that isn't the point of it.

What you have with this device is basically the biggest screen they can fit into a very successful form factor for them, the touchscreen is going to be there to use when it enhances your interaction with the device rather than being the sole means of using it.
    Thank you.. this is right on the money� hybrid phone� kind of like a hybrid car that uses gas when it is appropriate and electricity when it is appropriate.
    03-18-11 08:25 AM

Exactly, this is my point and this is why it will work. The Touchscreen I see mainly being used for scroll down faster, clicking a box to enter information in faster. Anything that the trackpad kinda lacks in, is what the touch screen will be used for. And thus, having a slightly bigger touch screen, isn't made so the keyboard can be put there, its just so you have can bigger icons to touch and slightly more space to use.

I mean lets look at it again people.

Its the Bold, the preferred bold form, with more features including more screen w/touch. I don't see where BB has failed here
    03-18-11 10:19 AM
    That does look a lot better than the bold screen. Hopefully this will be as good as everyone hopes
    Technically it should be better because of the higher pixel density, which should make a difference when browsing the web especially. But yeah more people need to check out the Galaxy Pro videos for a better idea. Now we just have to see if RIM can execute this idea to perfection.
    03-18-11 11:55 AM
    It is indeed 2.8 inches, positive of that. Don't know why anyone would crucify you for this. Here are its specs: Samsung Galaxy Pro Full Specifications & Price Details - Gadgetian

So yeah the rumoured Bold Touch has lots better specs but once again, it will all come down to execution.
    03-18-11 01:52 PM
    Yep that's really a bugger on the current phones. The keyboard is nice but if you need to key in numbers that's not the nicest bit of using the device.
    03-19-11 10:44 AM
    You are indeed mistaken. The Droid Pro definitely did not have a 2.8 inch screen, it had a 3.1 inch. The new Bold Touch, as the pictures show does indeed go for wide rather than long when calculating its 2.8 inches. It will also have a much higher pixel density so more will fit on the 2.8 inches clearly.

Everything else you said is right. Probably should be better but this is RIM, considering how slow they are I think it's a big step for them. Not making excuses for them, but it's something right?

The phone that is more accurately close to the new Bold Touch will be the upcoming Galaxy Pro from Samsung, which features a 2.8 inch capacitive touch screen along with a qwerty keyboard. But you just know it's gonna be worse than the new Bold because Samsung will half *** it. Here is a video of it in action:
    I wasn't sure if I wanted this or the Monaco, but after watching this video, I definitely want the Bold Touch. I love the keyboard too much and the touch screen looks like it could be very useful.
    03-20-11 08:43 PM
    a lot of people are counting on this phone as a "bounce back" phone for rim. That's one reason why its being released for Verizon. If this ohone is a hit, it opens the door for a huge comeback by RIM. If this phone is anything like the 9650/9700, the consumer base will be gone
    Yes, I think I alot of people feel this way. I am sure there are some people that don't use the internet much that would be fine with a 9650 experience, but I would assume more would be gone....me included!
    03-21-11 12:29 PM
    Why do you guys even pay attention to these apple/droid fan boys! If they can't appreciate the gr8ness of the bold form factor then let them be. Don't ask why they're here spewing seeds of dissension, you already know. Reply to your fellow bold fans and answer serious questions. Ignore the haters and let these malcontents twist in the weeds of silence. All hail the king of blackberry BOLD TOUCH! We eagerly await your arrival.

Good day to you haters...... I SAID GOOD DAY!!!!!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-11 10:59 PM
    Why do you guys even pay attention to these apple/droid fan boys! If they can't appreciate the gr8ness of the bold form factor then let them be. Don't ask why they're here spewing seeds of dissension, you already know. Reply to your fellow bold fans and answer serious questions. Ignore the haters and let these malcontents twist in the weeds of silence. All hail the king of blackberry BOLD TOUCH! We eagerly await your arrival.

Good day to you haters...... I SAID GOOD DAY!!!!!!!!!

This is quite possibly the post of the century.

03-26-11 10:23 AM
    Ok, let’s boil this down to the root issues…

First, the Bold line is for people that want a Blackberry, need/prefer a physical keyboard and don’t want some kind of slider or flip version. Obviously with this form factor you’ll have to give up some screen real estate, as it’s simply a personal preference and one I subscribe to.

As far as the screen size goes, .2” may not sound like much but it definitely makes a difference. Just think about how much smaller the current Bold 2.4” screens looks compared to the 2.6” on the 9000. Now double that to .4” for those of us that will go from our current 2.4” to the 2.8” Bold Touch when it comes out… HUGE difference.

I’ve been waiting for RIM to come out with a touch screen with physical QWERTY (candy bar) for years and can’t understand the delay of such an obvious product. I can tell you from experience, coming from the early Treo days this combo is a winner! Once this phone hits the wild and people get their hands on it Blackberry nation will have something to smile about again.

Lastly, I can only hope RIM gets serious about getting these planned/road mapped phones out quickly and we don’t have another never-ending PlayBook type fiasco.
    04-04-11 01:10 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD