Hello guys,

I have my bold since January (2012) and until now I was pretty happy with it.
    But yesterday I suddenly found its screen shimmering while watching pictures/photos.
    This shimmering appers as darker thin lines running from the bottom to the top. I reboot it for several times and still screen shimmering.

Is there anybody who faced the same screen issue?
    Can you please advise me how to solve the problem.

Thanks!
    03-01-12 11:36 PM
    Do a self test diagnostics to determine if it is a hardware or software issue. Options/Device/Device and Starus Information. Type the word t e s t. Then follow the prompts. Best of luck. Let us know how things go.
    03-01-12 11:46 PM
    Do a self test diagnostics to determine if it is a hardware or software issue. Options/Device/Device and Starus Information. Type the word t e s t. Then follow the prompts. Best of luck. Let us know how things go.
    Thanks for prompt reply, but would you pls teach me where to type "test".
    In the Option/Device/Device and Status Information I could not see the field where I can type.
    03-02-12 12:15 AM
    You just type t e s t there is no place to input it.
    03-02-12 01:12 AM
    Albee, can you please advise me which field I should use to type "t e s t" on the Options/Device/Device and Starus Information.

thanks
    03-02-12 01:12 AM
    Dilshod as albee said, just go to Options>Device>Device and Status information.. Now when you are at that screen, you don't need to find a field to write test, just type word test from keyboard and follow the on screen instructions.
    03-02-12 01:24 AM
    Danii, thanks. Gotcha.
    Just followed all prompts, but shimmering still persisting. Rebooted devise. No change.
    Pls help. guys!
    03-02-12 01:30 AM
    Sounds like a hardware problem to me. If your handset is under warrenty then get it replaced. Did you happend to drop it recently or is it a second hand purchase?
    03-02-12 01:37 AM
    Your conclusion is scaring me. Warranty already expired.
    I bought it as new and never had it dropped or whatever. I'm very careful with my bold.
    03-02-12 01:45 AM
    I didn't want to scare you but maybe I was too quick to jump to the conclusion. If I was you, I would wipe my dvice and install a fresh OS. What OS are you running and does screen shows fault only browsing through pictures?
    03-02-12 01:51 AM
    In case I wipe it, any chance this problem disappear?
    I'm running 7.0.0.296 which is originally came with my devise.
    The screen shows fault (flicker) only browsing through the pictures. When I put screen display brightness as 100%, the thin lines which were running from bottom to up are seems to be gone, and only light flicker appears. But as soon as I make brightness as 50 or 70%, the stripes start running again.
    Any other idea?
    03-02-12 01:57 AM
    I cannot guarantee you anything but can only suggest. It will be your call. There is nothing else I can suggest so wait for a better expert who can suggest something else. Wish you best of luck with your device.
    03-02-12 02:07 AM
    Thanks.
    I'd better to wait until some other expert could suggest something else.
    03-02-12 02:25 AM
    Guys, after 2 times of device self test, I reboot it with battery pull (took out battery for few minutes and put it back) and now the screen problem has gone. I can see the pictures on folder w/o any shimmering/flicker.
    I don't know what happened.
    Anyway, I'm happy again.
    Thanks to all of you!!
    03-02-12 03:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD