i dont know how yours got that logo on there, but i just got my Zagg full body protection on my 9930 and i have no logos on mine at all. Its practically invisible and I have done a very hard key scratch test while on my evo and works flawlessly. it does add a rubbery texture that gives you a good grip but you lose the feel of the lovely materials.
    really? i would def get it if there's no logo
    09-05-11 02:30 PM
    if I decide I need a protector for this then it will be martin fields for me all the way. will never buy a zagg prod again after seeing those pics above

I'm pretty careful with my gear so am going with a naked screen and a leather bb pouch
    09-05-11 03:08 PM
    Such a load of crap. No halo effect if installed correctly. The ZAGG print is tiny and can't be seen when screen is off and hardly seen when on. Don't blow this out of perspective.
    I would second Dakoda Man. I installed the screen perfectly, no bubbles no nothing, But still browser and white background is too annoying with the rainbow effect. Even my wife noticed the screen quality is bad compared to how it was (and mind you my wife is not a gadget geek and doesnt usually notice these small details)

I read in another post about Clarivue. I might ship one and try it. I know the 9900 screen is more scratch resistant than the plastic one like the 9700 for example, but again, i don't wanna have that scratch that will give me the "what if" nightmare hehe...

Anyone recommends a full screen edge to edge coverage, not rainbox-pixel effect? (i believe it should be Anti-Dazzling) as i found on Capdase video
    09-07-11 07:44 AM
    If you think this is ok:

Then good for you. I think it looks fugly and I will not accept to have any branding on my shiny new 9900

ZAGG "Not So Invisible" invisibleSHIELD Screen Protector - BerryReview
    Yeah, I have an all white screen on mine most of the time...NOT! Get over yourself.
    09-07-11 08:02 AM
    Damn... we're such geeks.. hehe
    09-07-11 08:34 AM
    This is the one I put on my 9900:

Tru Protection BlackBerry Bold 9900 Screen Protector (Tru BB 9900) : BlackBerry Cases & Skins - Future Shop

and I don't regret it. It is very smooth, looks great and really reduces the glare when in sunlight. Highly recommend it, does not affect sensitivity at all.
    09-07-11 08:41 AM
    i dont know how yours got that logo on there, but i just got my Zagg full body protection on my 9930 and i have no logos on mine at all. Its practically invisible and I have done a very hard key scratch test while on my evo and works flawlessly. it does add a rubbery texture that gives you a good grip but you lose the feel of the lovely materials.
    Seems like ZAGG put out a version with the logo and one without. I received one with the logo, and while you can only make it out on a lighter screen I found it very noticible. Considering I spent money to protect my screen from marks, the idea of paying for something that added one was unacceptable. I contacted ZAGG and after receiveing several emails from them telling me that they don't put logos on the shields they offered to send me a replacement for free (without a logo). I told them to keep it and reutrned mine to Best Buy to get my money back.
    09-07-11 12:39 PM
    Any Exact screen fit transparent screen protector out there?
    Received my shipment from Calrivue and didn't even install the skin. It's smaller than the screen and i can see how it will collect dust in no time around the protector's edges.
    10-23-11 03:16 AM
    Try Martin Fields screen protector.
    Super Clear
    Included button and camera protector as well
    A little bit expensive but worth it for me.
    Just google it , they ship worldwide

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-11 04:29 AM
    For the money ... Best Skins Ever is still the best. Same product as Zag Invisible Shield but less than $10 including shipping.

wordy likes this.
    10-23-11 07:39 AM
    Where can I buy a privacy screen for me 9900 besides eBay ?? And not spend $20 ..

10-23-11 08:30 AM
    We've tried all the different brands over the years and the only screen protectors that stand up to our environment is iShieldz. They are almost impossible to scratch, after a full year of tough use they still look new.
    10-23-11 09:52 AM
    try this:

Martin Fields Overlay Plus Screen Protector (Blackberry Bold 9900/9930)

I Bet you won't regret it

doesn't interfere with touch screen
    no rainbow effect,
    perfectly clear
    easy to apply.

i use them and I'm totally satisfied !
    10-23-11 02:36 PM
    I'm using a Capdase screenguard, Anti-fingerprint & Oil protector. Works great. Got it for like $10.
    10-23-11 02:52 PM
    this is the best one hands down

10-23-11 03:53 PM
    Do these high end protectors alter the screen brightness or image quality? I'd hate to lose that georgeous screen quality (but i'd also hate to scratch that beautiful screen)
    The TRU sure does. Sensitivity is perfect but everything looks grainy. Really bad for me. Waiting for some clear ones to come now.
    10-23-11 03:54 PM
    i used sgp and martin fields on my iPhone 4
    and i can guarantee that martin fields is much better
    the SGP is not so clear, and also the sgp is more prone to scratches.
    10-23-11 04:00 PM
    Any Exact screen fit transparent screen protector out there?
    Received my shipment from Calrivue and didn't even install the skin. It's smaller than the screen and i can see how it will collect dust in no time around the protector's edges.
    I'm surprised at that. Clarivue have worked really well for me in the past. How could they not make it the exact size.
    10-23-11 04:01 PM
    I installed a Case Mate screen protector, and i removed it after 3 seconds:
    1: it doesnt cover the screen edges, so it always shows and stares u in the face (not like the CaPDAse one for iphone for example).
    2: white and other colors look a bit blurred and the image quality is well reduced.
    Wow. I ordered these from crackberry last week. If they don't fit I think I'll return them because that's just plain silly. This sounds as bad as the TRU they sell except that at least the TRU fit the screen...horrible image quality on the TRU though and took it off after an hour.
    10-23-11 04:30 PM
    this is the best one hands down

Click to view quoted image
    that one looks like it will cover the proximity sensor.
    10-23-11 05:40 PM
    No need for a screen protector. There is a vid of a guy trying to scratch the screen with a pair of wirecutters unsuccessfully. I have had mine over 2 months with an Otterbox Commuter and no screen protector. Not even the slightest hint of a scratch. Carry it in my pocket all day!

Last edited by albee 1; 10-23-11 at 06:10 PM.
    10-23-11 06:07 PM
    No need for a screen protector. There is a vid of a guy trying to scratch the screen with a pair of wirecutters unsuccessfully. I have had mine over 2 months with an Otterbox Commuter and no screen protector. Not even the slightest hint of a scratch. Carry it in my pocket all day!

It's not keys or sharp metal objects you have to worry about, it's tiny grains of sand that collect in you pocket that'll do the damage.
    10-23-11 08:48 PM
    It's not keys or sharp metal objects you have to worry about, it's tiny grains of sand that collect in you pocket that'll do the damage.
    I have read that too in older posts. But I am content to be a daredevil and fly with the top down. I haven't had sand in my pocket since I was in the 3rd grade, thanks just the same.

10-23-11 10:42 PM
    I have the Zagg full body shield on my 9930
    1) I do not have a logo
    2) It does not affect the quality of the screen in my opinion

I did try the Anti-Glare Sumdge free Zagg screen and hated it. Although it wasn't as tacky as the regular screen and was alot smoother when swiping, it totally reduced the quality of the screen.

I've been using Zagg since my 8830 and wouldn't use anything else.
    10-23-11 10:44 PM
    Two words:

Ghost Armor
    10-23-11 11:09 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD