I have used clear, mirrored, privacy and anti-fingerprint screen protectors on all of my devices over the years. For the past year I've used the "anti" type: I hate losing that crystal clear look, but love the smooth swiping and hate a smudgy screen!

So, what about YOU?!? What is your preference and why?

**if anybody can suggest an "anti-fingerprint-crystal-clear" screen protector, please post a link to where I can find it!
    04-07-12 09:17 PM
    i like the anti-glare (frost), i know what you mean about the crystal clear look, however i just don't like smudges if it comes to touch screen. my past bold 9700-9780 all used clear protectors but my 9900 uses the anti glare. anti glare has that smooth swipe feeling as well.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-07-12 09:52 PM
    I have used mirror, crystal, and now I'm using a semi-anti glare semi crystal screen protector. The mirror screen protector, although very handy for me, annoying me since it scratches almost everytime I touch the phone and the scratches ended up always distracting me when I look at the screen making me nauseous. The crystal screen protector seems to work best given I wipe my phone off every second I touch it. I bought this new screen protector which is somewhat of an anti-glare, but also crystal clear if that makes any sense, so theres minimal smudges but still smooth and functional. I'm currently contemplating on whether I should leave the phone screen-protector-less given that I'm moving from case to naked for my bold now. I think the novelty has worn off and I'm enjoying my phone much more since I don't have to look after where its been and there's barely any scratches so far!
    04-07-12 09:58 PM
    I have used mirror, crystal, and now I'm using a semi-anti glare semi crystal screen protector. The mirror screen protector, although very handy for me, annoying me since it scratches almost everytime I touch the phone and the scratches ended up always distracting me when I look at the screen making me nauseous. The crystal screen protector seems to work best given I wipe my phone off every second I touch it. I bought this new screen protector which is somewhat of an anti-glare, but also crystal clear if that makes any sense, so theres minimal smudges but still smooth and functional. I'm currently contemplating on whether I should leave the phone screen-protector-less given that I'm moving from case to naked for my bold now. I think the novelty has worn off and I'm enjoying my phone much more since I don't have to look after where its been and there's barely any scratches so far!
    Where does one find the protector you refer too?
    04-07-12 10:04 PM
    Invisishield by Zagg. I've used many different ones and now I put on the Zagg right out of the box. I'm a contractor and a bit rough on phones
    04-07-12 10:09 PM
    Where does one find the protector you refer too?
    The brand of the screen protector is Momax. Its extremely high quality and you will feel a difference between that and your regular best-buy screen protector. It's sort of a matte feeling, and it's somewhat anti-glare, but it looks just like a crystal screen protector. Price wise, I bought it for 3$ on ebay whereas normal screen protectors run for 20$ for a pack of 2 or 3 at best buy. And mind you, I've tried best buy screen protectors and they scratch in matters of days for me. The one I'm using has been slightly abused day to day and is absolutely pristine.
    04-07-12 10:10 PM
    I've had good results with Ghost Armor on numerous devices.
    04-07-12 11:09 PM
    I'm naked, I'm very careful with my phone. I hate smudges so I try real hard to keep the screen clean. I have no scratches on my screen. Knock on wood!
    04-07-12 11:27 PM
    I've used them all at one point or another, but I usually end up going back to either the anti-glare or the clear. Right now I have a clear on my own 9900, an anti-glare on my work issued 9900, and clears on my PlayBook, iPad, and iPod touch.
    04-08-12 01:11 AM
    Once I used the anti-spy (cheap one) but made my screen not responsive.

Now I still use the one that came free with Otterbox Commuter for my Bold 9900.

Thinking about changing with the one from Capdase.
    they even got the colored one Blue, Red, Gold.

Sent from my Bold 9900 using.. wait for it.. CrackBerry Forum App! Thanks to Tapatalk
    04-08-12 01:12 AM
    Zagg here as well, best one on the market

Sent from the absolute coolest BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-08-12 01:45 AM
    I have Zaag but not happy with it. Scratched even tho it says its so high tech. Im sending it back for a replacement.
    04-08-12 06:35 AM
    I have tried most of them but in the end I find no protector the best for me. I have had to swap out 4 bolds so if I had purchased screen protectors I would of lost them. I rely on my insurance for major damage which usually doesn't happen.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-08-12 07:26 AM
    I use the plain one
    04-08-12 07:36 AM
    I'm using Anti-Glare and Privacy, it has a good swipe and works fine for me
    I wouldn't wanna have scratches on my phone's screen cause i don't like scratches
    9900 has a glossy screen so that's why but over all a very good screen after iphone 4S
    04-08-12 12:18 PM
    The brand of the screen protector is Momax. Its extremely high quality and you will feel a difference between that and your regular best-buy screen protector. It's sort of a matte feeling, and it's somewhat anti-glare, but it looks just like a crystal screen protector. Price wise, I bought it for 3$ on ebay whereas normal screen protectors run for 20$ for a pack of 2 or 3 at best buy. And mind you, I've tried best buy screen protectors and they scratch in matters of days for me. The one I'm using has been slightly abused day to day and is absolutely pristine.

Ebay link please? So one knows exactly which Seller you bought it from.
    -Thanks.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk from the CB App!
    04-08-12 02:16 PM
    I always used to go for Zagg invisible shields but they scratch & get dirty really fast so I switched to an anti glare one and its really nice !!
    04-08-12 03:22 PM
    Cheap screen protector dopes the job very well.
    04-08-12 03:22 PM
    Cheap screen protector dopes the job very well.

Why would I need a screen protector?

I've had my phone since 8/11 not a scratch.

Perhaps its really good glass.

If some has ever had a scratch please chime in and tell me how you got it.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-08-12 03:46 PM
    So I just bought 6 screen protectors off ebay for less than 2 bucks. I want to keep 3, but if anyone wants one, pm me.
    Please do not reply to me in this thread, keep it on track. Just wanted to offer.
    jamesharmeling and James Wang like this.
    04-08-12 03:47 PM
    Why would I need a screen protector?

I've had my phone since 8/11 not a scratch.

Perhaps its really good glass.

If some has ever had a scratch please chime in and tell me how you got it.

BlackBerry Bold� 9930 using Tapatalk
    Oh no! You shouldn't have said that. Everytime we say "I never", that's when "never" happens. Bad karma! Good luck with that.
    04-08-12 04:05 PM
    Never use one. The new BB touch screens are virtually impossible to scratch. Naked is the only way to fly!
    04-08-12 05:14 PM
    Never use one. The new BB touch screens are virtually impossible to scratch. Naked is the only way to fly!

Amen brother.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-08-12 05:39 PM
    I've been using Zagg invisible shield for a couple of years now on all of my devices. It gives me a piece of mind, and I don't have to buy several of the "cheap" ones because the Zagg last a long time. While "naked" feels good, I just don't want to take a chance on scratches.......$25 vs $600....a no brainer
    04-08-12 05:52 PM
    "Virtually" means that it COULD happen and it has for me! My naked Torch 9850 fell off my bed, hit the bedrail and it left a 1/4" scratch at the top of the screen. Luckily, with a screen protector on, you can't see it. My old 8330 was scratched to heck and back! I've learned my lesson!
    04-08-12 07:03 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD