What are people doing? are you putting on a protector or just going with it bare? I usually dont use screen protectors but this device seems very responsive with the original that came on it..
    08-21-11 11:41 AM
    I have a screen protector on mine. It doesn't effect the look or feel of the device at all IMO. But I also don't think it's necessary; the screen seems pretty tough.
    08-21-11 11:42 AM
    9900 glass is hardened and shouldn't scratch easily.
    08-21-11 11:55 AM
    I would hate to pull off the original without a replacement and get some minor scratches. Just wonder how solid the glass is. Like on the iphone says its glass and scratchproof. HA i got some scratches on there.
    08-21-11 11:55 AM
    It depends on how you take care of your phone. Meaning, I currently am using the holster that came with it because I havent found a case to my liking. But I usually just keep my phone in my pocket, where sometimes I forget my keys or change are in there. The screen WILL scratch. They all do. So even if I don't have a case, a screen protector is a must. Nothing worse than having to stare at a scratch everytime you look at your phone. Btw, last night I forgot my unprotected phone was in my lap and I stood up, only to have it fall on a cinder block. I now sport a nice scratch on the back of my phone. Only cosmetic, but it still bothers me. So this is why I like to have protection on my phone, but there is no option IMO not to have a screen protector.
    08-21-11 11:58 AM
    I'm using the OEM BB case that came with the phone, as I always do! And am going naked as far as the screen goes. The only thing I would consider down the road would maybe be a steinheil anti glare screen protector, to avoid getting so many smudges and fingerprints, but for now I'm just rolling naked baby...lol. Glass is hardened and seems pretty tough, but phanton scratches will pop up, no matter how careful one is!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 12:35 PM
    I'd say Protector. Sometimes I might forget and put my keys in the same pocket as my BlackBerry and scratch my phones easily.
    08-21-11 12:38 PM
    I only had the original protector on for a couple hours before I took it off.
    I never use screen protectors on touch screen phones.

08-21-11 12:49 PM
    I always seem to install a screen protector when the device is new and get lazy about it as it gets older. I put one on my 9930 and it fits well and looks nice. I will go with it for now. I got 3 for $6 on ebay.
    08-21-11 01:01 PM
    I'd say Protector. Sometimes I might forget and put my keys in the same pocket as my BlackBerry and scratch my phones easily.
    That happened to my Bold 9650 and it is annoying seeing that scratch mark every time I use my phone!
    08-21-11 01:01 PM
    If the screen is made out of glass, keys definitely will not scratch it. Glass is a lot harder than metal. The only things that can really scratch the glass are diamonds and quartz (found in sand). I would be a lot more worried about the metal bezel and plastic parts scratching before the screen scratches.
    08-21-11 01:09 PM
    No need for a protector on this phone. Get a nice RIM leather pouch case if you throw it in your pocket, or use the one that comes with it if you clip to your belt. This is too nice a phone to throw a plastic screen on it and I agree with the guy above, it is a touch screen.
    08-21-11 01:36 PM
    I always seem to install a screen protector when the device is new and get lazy about it as it gets older. I put one on my 9930 and it fits well and looks nice. I will go with it for now. I got 3 for $6 on ebay.
    Were they the full screen, all the way to the top or are they rectangulars?
    08-21-11 02:04 PM
    I'm probably going to leave the screen protector on it as long as I can stand it. I'd love to put a better one on, I just have a hard time choosing and hard time putting the dang things on. You basically get one good shot at it.
    08-21-11 02:21 PM
    i purchased a screen protector but i bought the holster case combo that sprint had to offer. I never purchase holsters but I liked the feel of this one with the phone.
    08-21-11 02:25 PM
    I agree with yen, you never know when it will scratch... I tend to keep my bb in my front pocket when I don't care to have the phone out... along with my car key, and with the Vzw 'anti-glare' protector on it now, I don't worry about it at all. I also went for the black silicone cover (also from vzw), which is quite nice smoother than expected.

But I can say the touch screen is a BIT less sensitive to pinch/zooming with this protector on, but tapping is just fine. Then again, the difference is very small...

If the 9930 screen cover is glass, I still may consider taking off the protector since it adds some haze to the screen.
    08-21-11 02:37 PM
    I personally will put one on my replacement device once it gets here. To me $250 is an investment. I plan to keep my bb in top notch condition a $3 screen protector is worth it to me

08-21-11 02:54 PM
    I didn't with the Torch and never had a problem with the glass. Mind you it is either in a suit jacket or pants pocket where I made sure that there was nothing else in there.
    08-21-11 03:02 PM
    I put my otterbox screen protector on my phone as soon I received it. Comparing this to the protective one the phone comes with the sensitivity is effected. The OB is a little too thick. I do like the cut out for the proximity sensor, will be looking around at different protectors as it is also less smooth.

I would advise a screen protector on this phone I have had mine off for a day and can see faint scratches on the screen.

08-21-11 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD