Never a screen-protector (foil)!
    1. It makes no sense to me to buy a device with a high resolution display and to "downgrade" the splendor and brilliance of the display with a piece of plastic wrap. The foil procreates what we try to avoid- a muddy display!
    2. The heat dissipation will be degraded....
    3. Treat your BB like a piece of jewelry and it will be injured by nothing!
    4 The standard-holster or case will be protection enough und should be the habitual residence of a BB...
    5. I dont know, but I would imagine, that also the "touch-performance" could suffer...
    Concerning the touch-performance, well i was wowed by some very high grade protector i have installed on Iphone4 (but forgot the brand). Nothing changed, and u can't even tell that its there.

But i would like to hear more about the heat-dissipation. Are you sure about this?
    09-07-11 08:32 AM
    I have always, from the moment i get the phone put a screen protector on my phone. I always use it in a case, most of the time an Otter Box. I always sell my current phone to get the latest and greatest and when I do sell it, it is like the day it came out of the box. I always get what I ask for and I have screen protection and the Otter box's to thank for that.
    09-07-11 09:37 AM
    Anyone can recommend a GLARE FREE screen film that also covers the full screen? (besides Clarivue)
    I installed a Case Mate one thinking it was a good brand. It doesnt cover the whole screen, u can see its edges, and the colors and picture quality is reduced (u see small pixels and the white background looks bad (glazing effect)

Any other recommendations?
    Yes, check this one which I have and really like:

Tru Protection BlackBerry Bold 9900 Screen Protector (Tru BB 9900) : BlackBerry Cases & Skins - Future Shop
    09-07-11 09:53 AM
    Concerning the touch-performance, well i was wowed by some very high grade protector i have installed on Iphone4 (but forgot the brand). Nothing changed, and u can't even tell that its there.

But i would like to hear more about the heat-dissipation. Are you sure about this?
    Several kinds of displays generate warmth. Same different electronic modules- especially while intensive using a handheld. The heat of the hands emit into the phone. A screen-protect foil works like a isolation and ******* the heat dissipation. That could be have influence for life span resp. fatigue (luminosity) of the display.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-11 11:42 AM
    i am ordering an invisible shield soon.
    09-07-11 02:06 PM
    Most definitely need a screen protector. I never use my blackberry without one...
    09-07-11 02:16 PM
    Several kinds of displays generate warmth. Same different electronic modules- especially while intensive using a handheld. The heat of the hands emit into the phone. A screen-protect foil works like a isolation and ******* the heat dissipation. That could be have influence for life span resp. fatigue (luminosity) of the display.

You are kidding, right? What are same different electronic modules? Don't make stuff up.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-07-11 02:35 PM
    Blackberry 9930 Bold Screen Protector from Clarivue

they have 3 kinds... mirror finish, privacy glass, and the standard screen protector... and use this coupon code for an additional discount...

clarivue1210

nobody can ever tell I'm using a screen protector... for me, it's more of a fingerprint wiper, lol...

they make some top quality stuff, covers the entire glass incase anyone's wondering...
    Think its possible 3M made those for Clarivue? It would explain the similar price and models available.

This might be a better link for people since they make 3 types for all the Blackberry's.

http://www.clarivue.com/Blackberry_bymfg_16-4-1.html

For the people who moan about degrading the screen quality,,... Obviously you never had a decent one. Pony up next time.

As for getting another Digitizer,,... Prying your screen apart with a piece of plastic and aligning the new digitizer by eye is light years from "a solution" for not using a screen protector. After separating the Digitizer from the screen you will be lucky if you don't need a new screen. Are Digitizers made of Hardened and or Gorilla Glass???

Here is a good review I found. It mirrors my experience with the 3M units I bought.

http://androidforums.com/droid-acces...or-review.html

A few things to remember:
    1) "Privacy" screen protectors have a tendency to put a haze on the screen.
    2) When applying the screen protector, start on one side and smooth out the air bubbles AS YOU GO.
    3) If your screen is not perfectly clean then you will have trapped particles that cause air bubbles.
    4) Never use a pointed object or your finger nail to lift the screen protector.
    5) USE TAPE TO LIFT THE SCREEN PROTECTOR if need be and tape can be used to remove dust particles that cling to the sticky side of the screen protector.

Reading that article reminded me of what I was doing when I put one on my 9000 and I did it the same way he did, except for the part about long hot showers.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 09-07-11 at 05:31 PM.
    09-07-11 02:45 PM
    You are kidding, right? What are same different electronic modules? Don't make stuff up.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Everywhere and every module (like chip-capacitors, resistors, transistors, conducting path...) emitted warmth under voltages! The same physical law is true for LCD-displays... (for example)... The battery itself becomes warm while intensive using near the insert connector... You will note, that the battery gets hot while charging, cause of the physicochemical processes...
    And its also a fact, that LCD-displays (also OLED, AMOLED, TFT, CSTN...) are temperature-sensitive! Standard-LCD-displays sustain barely 0-50 degrees Celsius. A handheld in intensive use (in hand) reaches inside nearly 40 degrees celsius. In alliance with a random solar radiation the contrast (display) becomes darker (so called positive mode) and absorbed morer light, transforms it into heat and could reach over 100 degrees celsius. Sudden death of a display!!!
    Last edited by serversurfer; 09-08-11 at 12:53 AM.
    09-08-11 12:37 AM
    Don't you think people in the cellular community would have reported a rash of dead screens if screen protectors were causing screens to prematurely die out? Then you have people who live in warmer climates. Also, if the phone needs to vent any heat don't you think it would be through the keypads or the plastic housings the phones are made of? Maybe you should start by looking up the operating temperature specifications for a given device before you start down the "screen protectors cause screens to die" path. For all you know the screen protector could be acting like a heat-sink and wicking heat away from the screen, especially if they are able to block UV.

Can & Will are two completely different things.

09-08-11 03:59 AM
    Thanks, discount coupon worked.

Blackberry 9930 Bold Screen Protector from Clarivue

they have 3 kinds... mirror finish, privacy glass, and the standard screen protector... and use this coupon code for an additional discount...

clarivue1210

nobody can ever tell I'm using a screen protector... for me, it's more of a fingerprint wiper, lol...

they make some top quality stuff, covers the entire glass incase anyone's wondering...
    09-08-11 04:13 AM
    Don't you think people in the cellular community would have reported a rash of dead screens if screen protectors were causing screens to prematurely die out? Then you have people who live in warmer climates. Also, if the phone needs to vent any heat don't you think it would be through the keypads or the plastic housings the phones are made of? Maybe you should start by looking up the operating temperature specifications for a given device before you start down the "screen protectors cause screens to die" path. For all you know the screen protector could be acting like a heat-sink and wicking heat away from the screen, especially if they are able to block UV.

Can & Will are two completely different things.

Please read my hole posts completely...
    -A display which is heated over 100 degrees Celsius will be destroyed. Stop

-A STANDARD-display will bear temperatures up to 50 degrees. (So called high-temp-displays can bear -20 up to +70 degrees Celsius)

-a foil works like an isolation cause of its specific gravity. Stop (It says nothing about the QUALITY of isolation!)

-I NEVER assume, that a foil would destroy a display. Stop

-I just uttered my fear, that the "life span" or the "luminosity function" of the display could be influenced in a negative way. Stop

Anybody here could prove or disprove that a LCD-display (with or without foil) works in the average xx days longer or shorter with xx percent of leakage... Its just a physical subsumtion...
    09-08-11 04:14 AM
    there's nothing wrong with just practicing risk management, so it is really better to have a screen protector, although if you have an anti-glare one, you might compromise the nice clear display of the device.
    09-08-11 04:15 AM
    I have installed Best Skins Ever protectors on my last 3 Blackberries. Was able to sell all of them for top dollar since they were all protected from scratches and even drops. All looked brand new when I removed the skins to sell. Never any bubbles on the screen if you follow the instructions/videos to install properly. No degradation of screen with quality protectors. Tried the cheap ones before and most look like crap and almost impossible to install without bubbles. The better quality ones also prevent fingerprints which is another great advantage to bare screens.
    09-08-11 05:26 AM
89 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD