It can't hurt!! You never know what you might have in your pocket when you slide it in and therefore scuff your screen. I prefer the look of my naked berry but I always use a side pouch.
    09-05-11 08:11 PM
    Took my screen protector off also! Love it! Looks way better, i always carry in the pouch provided but its totally a personal choice you also cant go wrong with a protector too!
    09-05-11 08:12 PM
    I went with a screen protector because I don't want to take a chance.
    09-05-11 08:19 PM
    a screen protector is cheap.

decide either:
    a) buy, stick it on
    b) use it naked

then move on with life. its a yes or no decision, but its not a do or die.
    09-05-11 08:51 PM
    I recommend the glossy finish as it looks like the screen.

Anyone have a good recommendation for a glossy unit that is peel and stick and durable?

BlackBerry 9000 & Tapatalk
    09-05-11 10:09 PM
    I got the Tru to start but I am changing to SGP Ultra Optics... Better clarity IMO.
    09-05-11 10:19 PM
    I see no reason not to use one. So I do.
    09-05-11 10:50 PM
    I got the Tru to start but I am changing to SGP Ultra Optics... Better clarity IMO.

You have used SGP?

09-05-11 11:16 PM
    I would definitely get a screen protector if I was you. Not worth taking the risk of something happening.
    09-05-11 11:20 PM
    no. Use a slim case instead if you need to protect the screen that way you can utilize holster mode.
    09-05-11 11:40 PM
    I have never been a fan of screen protection, especially since touch screens are fairly difficult to scratch (HQ ones anyway). I never managed to scratch my Storm screen back when I owned one and I had it for about 1.5 years. And towards the end, I definitely did not baby that phone lol.
    09-05-11 11:48 PM
    No way am I putting anything over top of this beautiful screen.
    JDukeOSBB likes this.
    09-06-11 12:15 AM
    No way am I putting anything over top of this beautiful screen.
    Amen to that
    09-06-11 12:19 AM
    I don't use the screen protector to protect my screen. I use it more like a fingerprint protector...
    09-06-11 12:39 AM
    You have used SGP?

I used the same on my iPad and it has great clarity.
    09-06-11 12:43 AM
    i cant believe some of you guys can justify spending 20$ on a sheet of plastic. that is absolutely absurd no matter how you look at it. i bought a screen protector for 3$ on amazon (even that was too much money)and it works/looks just fine.
    and2cs likes this.
    09-06-11 01:38 AM
    i'd get one...i use the zagg one and it works beautifully...the screen is a bit harder to swipe across, but when it comes down to it..im not taking any chances on this work of art. also, zagg offers a lifetime warranty on their products (you can register on their website)
    09-06-11 01:50 AM
    i cant believe some of you guys can justify spending 20$ on a sheet of plastic. that is absolutely absurd no matter how you look at it. i bought a screen protector for 3$ on amazon (even that was too much money)and it works/looks just fine.
    There are differences between what you get for $3 and what you get for more. Some people value the optical clarity and some don't. You are obviously in that latter category. Even some of the mid range protectors degrade the screen. SGP has some of the best protectors that keep the optics sharp. You are spending a lot of money on the phone what is another $10 to protect and keep the clarity of the screen?
    09-06-11 01:50 AM
    For the best optical clarity and touch response you should go naked. Sounds like you are like me. I keep mine in my pocket by itself with the screen against my leg. I never have any problems with scratches. I can't stand the look or feel of screen protectors. Also, whenever I see a phone in a otterbox I want to throw it against a brick wall to see if it works. If you're a clumsy person, get a screen protector. If not, go naked.
    09-06-11 02:26 AM
    I have always used some sort of screen protection, touch screen or not. I will always use a screen protector. There are far to many tears fallen for something that could have been easly prevented.
    09-06-11 04:19 AM
    Also, whenever I see a phone in a otterbox I want to throw it against a brick wall to see if it works. If you're a clumsy person, get a screen protector. If not, go naked.
    Whenever I see a reply like this I want to throw the person who posted it against a brick wall to see if they still work!
    I'm not a clumsy person, I have both an Otterbox AND a screen protector. I consider myself prudent with something that cost a fair bit of ���'sss!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gavinl1967; 09-06-11 at 04:52 AM.
    09-06-11 04:50 AM
    There are differences between what you get for $3 and what you get for more. Some people value the optical clarity and some don't. You are obviously in that latter category. Even some of the mid range protectors degrade the screen. SGP has some of the best protectors that keep the optics sharp. You are spending a lot of money on the phone what is another $10 to protect and keep the clarity of the screen?
    perhaps i am just mistaken, but i can hardly tell any difference between the phones screen with my 3$ protector on or not, its even custom fitted for a bold 9930 so the entire screen is protected up to earpiece and around the LED. the only major difference ive noticed is that when the screen is darkened, the protector can catch light and have rainbow color effect, which dissapears when the screen turns on.

yes i spent a lot of money on this BB, entirely too much if you ask me, and i did go and buy a screen protector and a case to protect it, i just wasnt foolish enough to spend $20+ on a screen protector and $25+ on a case because theyre all the same im my opinion. its cheap plastic from china thats marked up to people in the US who think that a more expensive piece of clear plastic must mean a better clear piece of plastic.

got my OEM stock hard case for 14.95 and my screen protector for 3$, a screen protector should be free if u ask me(oddly my 9930 came with no protective plastic, either that or the rep selling it to me took it off before she tried to sell me a 10$ screen protector and a 30$ non OEM case, i honestly dont remember) and a case should be no more than 5$. wake up people youre being robbed.

*edit* for the record im not trying to troll. i love my bb just as much as you hardcore fans do, i just dont have the money to spend on overpriced accessories on top of my over priced phone.

*edit 2* this doesnt refer to otterbox type cases, but OEM/ knock off OEM skins.
    Last edited by DarshOne; 09-06-11 at 09:39 AM.
    09-06-11 09:30 AM
    perhaps i am just mistaken, but i can hardly tell any difference between the phones screen with my 3$ protector on or not,,,,,,the only major difference ive noticed is that when the screen is darkened, the protector can catch light and have rainbow color effect, which dissapears when the screen turns on.

yes i spent a lot of money on this BB,,,,,i just wasnt foolish enough to spend $20+ on a screen protector and $25+ on a case,,...

a screen protector should be free,,... wake up people youre being robbed.

*edit* for the record im not trying to troll. i love my bb just as much as you hardcore fans do,,,,,or my over priced phone.
    First screen protector I put on my Blackberry was the cheapo Crackberry sells in the green package. It was cut improperly and as a result it it would not stay on the screen as it was laying on the raised screen divider between the screen and the Blackberry keys. I paid about $5 and shipping and it was unusable.

I paid $15 with super saver shipping on Amazon for (2) 3M Natural View screen protectors that fit perfectly, do not haze the screen like that piece of $hit you bought, last for ages, don't trap air, and clean up better than the original screen.

You know danm well that haze is visible when the screen is on. Had the same issue with the cheapo's I bought.

Maybe instead of assuming everything is made in China you could do a bit of research and see where these products are made. Assuming it all comes from China and buying the cheapest crap you can find (meaning it most likely did come from China) means you have completely failed to support a company from the nation of your choice, unless that would be China.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by olblueyez; 09-06-11 at 11:36 AM.
    09-06-11 11:34 AM
    Thanks for a 3M link btw :P. Would've been a bit corteous given your lengthy stance.

09-06-11 02:00 PM
    Thanks for a 3M link btw :P. Would've been a bit corteous given your lengthy stance.

09-06-11 02:08 PM
89 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD