Hi, I just bought my OEM 9900... So far excelent phone, I'm having one small issue though.
    Sometimes the phone's screen goes black and it stays like that from 30 seconds to even 2 minutes, and then it turns on back again.
    Last time I got a text message and when I tried to read it the screen went black and it took 2 minutes to go back to normal so I can read the text message.

Any thoughts on what it may be happening here? Should I install a newer version of the software. Actually I got the one that came with the phone...

Thanks,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-11 03:12 PM
    Hi, I just bought my OEM 9900... So far excelent phone, I'm having one small issue though.
    Sometimes the phone's screen goes black and it stays like that from 30 seconds to even 2 minutes, and then it turns on back again.
    Last time I got a text message and when I tried to read it the screen went black and it took 2 minutes to go back to normal so I can read the text message.

Any thoughts on what it may be happening here? Should I install a newer version of the software. Actually I got the one that came with the phone...

Thanks,
    Hi there! Yes, it is a common problem with the current software. I think what is happening is the device is lagging to complete its action of turning on the screen/unlocking. My 9930 does the same at times when I try to unlock. It is very annoying.

But when I had a Storm 2 in the past, I had the same issue, and it was eventually resolved in newer software. It got to the point where unlocking/locking was INSTANT. With the processing power the 9900 has, I have no doubt this will be fixed in future software updates. I have no personal experience with any software past 374 since that is the latest on the 9930. But it is possible this has been fixed already for the 9900 since they are in builds past that.

If you aren't already, I recommend updating to AT&T's .440 or WIND's .474. It may just fix that issue.

Hope it fixes that issue. I know it can be a pain when you have to wait so long for the screen to just come on.
    11-08-11 03:49 PM
    I searched this subject when my BB 9900 was doing this , finally got fed up and sent it back for repairs under warranty

When my phone was returned , on the Statement it had " LCD Super Cap " what ever that means
    01-30-12 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD