My business partner has just upgraded to the 9900 and has complained that he keeps muting calls when talking to people because his ear touches the on screen mute button. Is there anyway to disable or get rid of that button?
    10-10-11 11:00 PM
    My business partner has just upgraded to the 9900 and has complained that he keeps muting calls when talking to people because his ear touches the on screen mute button. Is there anyway to disable or get rid of that button?
    I don't think so. However, once the call is connected and the phone is near your head it should automatically turn the screen off. He can push the lock button on the top after he accepts/makes the call
    Last edited by dsquared2; 10-10-11 at 11:07 PM.
    10-10-11 11:05 PM
    There may be an issue with his phone, since it is supposed to blank the screen when sitting next to a face (proximity sensor). If the phone doesn't blank the screen during a call, when sitting next to one's face, it means the proximity sensor isn't working. Ask him if the screen goes to black or not.
    10-11-11 05:29 AM
    Does anybody knows why my screen keeps getting black and lights up constantly when I'm on a call and my phone isn't near my head?
    10-11-11 05:47 AM
    I'm having the same problem with my new Torch 9850. Twice today I tried to leave a voicemail for someone, and it kept muting automatically. The screen blanks when I hold it up to my head, but perhaps there's a delay just long enough for Mute to be set.

The question is, is this a fluke that justifies an exchange (I'm still in the 14 day window), or a design flaw that affects all OS 7 devices?
    01-01-12 10:20 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my new Torch 9850. Twice today I tried to leave a voicemail for someone, and it kept muting automatically. The screen blanks when I hold it up to my head, but perhaps there's a delay just long enough for Mute to be set.

The question is, is this a fluke that justifies an exchange (I'm still in the 14 day window), or a design flaw that affects all OS 7 devices?

Os 7? LoL. My biggest issue with my 9800 (os6) was putting people on hold/mute. I don't have the issue with my 9900, which makes me think it has to do with the accelerometer+proximity censor. My torch would do stupid crap (flip the screen left and right, mute and unmute the call etc)if I answered it on an angle...

There's a free app in app world called Advanced Calls and Led Control, it includes a feature to vibrate on call events (when you mute then phone or put someone on hold etc.). it eliminated the situation where I'd be talking and get a call on the other line from the person I was talking to and they'd say "what were you saying? You were talking and put me on hold" -_-

To solve the problem try one of bulberas lock apps, or pattern lock. They include the ability to lock the call screen.
    01-02-12 01:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD