So I love the touch screen feature on my 9930 but I find that it's a pain in the when I'm on the phone. My cheeks seem to always hit a button while talking or even when I try and password lock the phone a random app or section is activated. Is there a face detection app or a screen locking app that can be/is activated when on a phone call??
    06-18-12 05:28 PM
    So I love the touch screen feature on my 9930 but I find that it's a pain in the when I'm on the phone. My cheeks seem to always hit a button while talking or even when I try and password lock the phone a random app or section is activated. Is there a face detection app or a screen locking app that can be/is activated when on a phone call??
    The touchscreen is cool but I'm starting to hate it. I've been in public places on the phone and my cheek switches phone to speakerphone. So I can't use my phone in the sun or in public. Good job RIM! Quality material we have here
    06-19-12 11:10 AM
    you can use adonis 1.4.9 for os5. Working on 9900.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using CrackBerry
    06-19-12 12:53 PM
    you mean accident open app while on the phone call ? screen should shut off between a call , check the sensor near the led notification
    hope this help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-19-12 01:08 PM
    Try a battery pull, my 9900 is more prone to it when memory runs low. The newer OS's seem to do a better job.
    06-19-12 04:44 PM
    OP, are you using a screen protector? Does it cover the faint hole to the left of the LED light?

If so, that's most likely your problem. The 99XX has a proximity sensor that is suppose to shut the screen off when it's close to your face. Screen protectors can mess with this.

My proximity sensor works just fine, I have never had any of the issues you talk about, but I don't use a screen protector.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    06-19-12 04:49 PM
    weird? i've never once had a problem, but my 3m privacy screen covers all of the screen and above it, but it has cutouts for speaker and LED/sensor.
    06-19-12 08:57 PM
    if you move your phone approx 1cm further forward (i.e towards your eye!) than you normaly do this counteracts the problem! this is what i do, i think the proximity sensor just happens to sit in one of the ridges of your ear so it de activates every now and then! at least this seems to have worked for me! P.S I hope this made sense, i have only just woken up!!;-)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    06-20-12 01:52 AM
    I don't have a screen protector and mine does not auto shut off when on a call. I have OS 7.1.0.402 is there a better one that can correct this issue?
    06-22-12 03:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD